Main Menu

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Started by Goaty, 25 November, 2015, 06:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

COMMANDO FORCES

Looks terrible and I loved how Cap and Bucky both stood in front of Tony during the fight at the end, rather than opposite each other, so he couldn't take them both on. Dire!

Goaty

IndigoPrime

I hope Bucky isn't going to be the sole trigger for this, because that feels a bit naff.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 25 November, 2015, 06:28:12 AM
Looks terrible and I loved how Cap and Bucky both stood in front of Tony during the fight at the end, rather than opposite each other, so he couldn't take them both on. Dire!

I wouldn't let a little thing like people not using correct tactics they're trained in ruin your enjoyment of the movie about flying super strong people.

In stressful situations people do all sorts of daft stuff. Even trained soldiers.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

IAMTHESYSTEM

The super hero misunderstanding moment -it's finally here! Looks impressive but  I can't quite believe  Captain America would really go rogue just for a friend. I feel that's more Tony Stark, Black widow or Dr Banner territory who are much more unhappy towards authority than Captain America. Also, Bucky? Isn't that a Dog's name like Rover? I assume it's the evil of the greater good impinging on the 'rights of the individual' storyline which particularly applies to superheroes who as we all know are a downtrodden minority in the good ol' US of A.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Adventurer

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 November, 2015, 09:53:34 AM
I hope Bucky isn't going to be the sole trigger for this, because that feels a bit naff.

Not nearly as naff as the New Warriors blowing up a school.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

auxlen

Looking forward to this. Not sure how they can do it in one film...as I'm familiar with the comic event. as a kid I took captain america too literally and these films have done the character great credit...i think Age of ultron was a setup for this to show Iron man as a bit of a tool (maybe?). As an aside not i cannot recommend enough h

http://www.graphicaudiointernational.net/marvel-civil-war.html

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 November, 2015, 09:53:34 AM

Synopsis.

Marvel's Captain America: Civil War finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark's surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability. Get ready to pick a side and join the nonstop action playing out on two fronts when Marvel's Captain America: Civil War opens in U.S. theaters on May.

Zarjazzer

What this film needs other than a cameo of myself is the sudden appearance of a authoritarian futuristic lawman to show them the fate of all heroes.

Quite liked it, Panther pussycat looked quite good the few seconds we saw him. Bucky/ Cap ok, Stark votes Nixon and wants greater freedom for mega -corps. Who can argue with that, mister terrorist commie? :-X

Might be interesting if they play up the dangers to democracy of the corp/gov angle as represented by Iron Man.

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Hawkmumbler

The Adventurer

Quoteut after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage

Hmmm... I thought the new Avengers line-up at the end of Age of Ultron was looking rather 'B-Team'.

radiator

It's not really doing anything for me and just seems to back up certain prejudices I have against superhero media (ie that a lot of superhero 'stories' are really just contrived excuses for them to have extended fights with each other).

I also didn't really see what all the fuss was about with Winter Soldier. It had some enjoyable sequences but taken as a whole I thought was decidedly muddled.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: radiator on 25 November, 2015, 08:11:26 PM
It's not really doing anything for me and just seems to back up certain prejudices I have against superhero media (ie that a lot of superhero 'stories' are really just contrived excuses for them to have extended fights with each other).

To be fair, you're not the only person who thinks that, but luckily the new Batman Loves Superman movie will disprove this idea once and for all.

The Adventurer

Quote from: radiator on 25 November, 2015, 08:11:26 PM

Yes, super-hero stories are power fantasy action stories, with their roots in 30s pulp serials. This isn't really a revelation.