Main Menu

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Started by Goaty, 25 November, 2015, 06:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Nothing wrong with a bit of fisty cuffs. Problems arise when stories become contrived by trying to hard to cover these roots.

COMMANDO FORCES

Goaty

Looks good, still better than Batman V Superman messy

Goaty

auxlen

I'm not sure how they can get it all into one film.

I loved the audio adaptation: http://www.graphicaudiointernational.net/marvel-civil-war.html

TordelBack

Rhodes is now "War Hammer"?  Do I hear the sound of a thousand hungry lawyers sharpening their pencils...?

Professor Bear

"You snooze, you lose" seems to be a sound copyright squatting argument in the US - note Billy Batson's alter-ego is called Shazam now.

Goaty

Goaty

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

radiator

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something looks a little off about [spoiler]Spidey[/spoiler] there - maybe the colours?

Getting flashbacks to: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VpXCvxVmS20/VP8XSE1KXqI/AAAAAAAAE38/ctf5cMZM8nc/s1600/High%2BNoon%2BSpidey.jpeg

I'm sure it'll look great in the finished film though.

Also, I would put down money that [spoiler]Rhodey[/spoiler] is not going to die - and all these trailer bits are making it look like that are misdirection, and that someone else will die instead, similar to what they did with Hawkeye and Quicksilver in AoU. My money's on [spoiler]Scott Lang/Ant-Man[/spoiler]* and/or [spoiler]Bucky (who will die in a noble sacrifice taking down the real villain of the movie)[/spoiler], maybe even [spoiler]Cap himself (and Falcon/Anthony Mackie will take the mantle)[/spoiler].

*[spoiler]I have a hunch that the announcement of the Ant-Man sequel is either a fakeout, and it will never materialise, or that it will be made, but will actually be a prequel set in the 60s and feature Hank and Janet(?) Pym.[/spoiler]

Goaty

Ant-Man on freakin' Hawkeye's arrow!

Link Prime

Couldn't help grinning at that final reveal.

CrazyFoxMachine

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 10 March, 2016, 06:41:12 PM
*[spoiler]I have a hunch that the announcement of the Ant-Man sequel is either a fakeout, and it will never materialise, or that it will be made, but will actually be a prequel set in the 60s and feature Hank and Janet(?) Pym.[/spoiler]

That's crazy talk. They're more likely to kill-of someone who's all ready had a good spin and far more time investment. Ant-Man has too much financial success and off-beat possibility to be snuffed so soon.