Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2012 - 11th - 18th November 2012

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 15 May, 2012, 07:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Large48

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 20 November, 2012, 12:05:56 AM
I'm not going to say "and what do you KNOW artists but her nipples weren't BURROWING through leather" but I won't. I won't say it.

The Planet Replica judges were the bees knees - I managed to get a pic of them squaring off against the cardboard ones. Who were living gods.

Oh they where.... ;-)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Large48

Quote from: dodsy on 21 November, 2012, 08:16:16 PM
QuoteSold a lot of copies of my comic No More Heroes (*cough* check link for ordering details *cough*). At one point a very nice American couple came over to the stall to take a look. I gave them the pitch and the guy liked the sound of it so much he bought every issue. After they left the guy at the next stall turned to me and said, "That was Mark Waid."

Yeah, I unknowingly sold my wee comic to one of the biggest names in the business. I even offered to sign it for him.  :-[

I think this is my favourite Con story of all time lol

So WHO is Mark Waid?
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Colin YNWA

Finally got around to taking photos of some of my haul. Very pleased with the stuff I got at Thought Bubble. My pride and joy a Dante page (wayhey so chuffed, is over at the Original Art Thread) here's a few of the signatures I'm particularly happy with.

This isn't fuzzy in real life... I think...

Likewise.

Richmond Clements

Hold on... Robbie was there? Oh man! Missed him!

Colin YNWA

And some sketches.

Simon Davis

Simon Fraser

Dave Taylor

Leigh Gallagher

Bolt01

Henry Flint

COMMANDO FORCES

Judo

Quote from: Proudhuff on 22 November, 2012, 02:37:08 PM
Where's Judo?

In the pub naturally.  Wow Colin went all out on the sketches, very nice x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Colin YNWA

Alas everything I got has to be held in perspective when compared to the mighty Chief.

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,37457.0.html

We had a chat there about the delights and dangers of pre-ordering stuff. Chief does a Con right!

Albion

Article on Leeds mentioning the 2000AD panel and featuring a shot of the Judges.

http://comicsbeat.com/on-the-scene-thought-bubble/
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Judo

Yay Lovely Laura!! and hahaha...

'...perhaps even outnumbering the number of Glaswegians at the bar.'

;)
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

dracula1

Quote from: dodsy on 21 November, 2012, 01:01:59 PM
Great bumping into you at the viewing dodsy, . . . we passed the time away in chat about all things Dredd until the film started. I also met Marco at the end of the film (which was awesome by the way) dressed in an amazing cosplay outfit as a nuclear Sherlock homes :-)

My con highlight was meeting Integra a.k.a Judge Anderson and getting some nice pic's of her cracking heads in her Judge outfit. Also met David Lloyd and got a fantastic Guy Fawkes sketch from him (a fantastic end to the best Thought Bubble Convention yet).

To put this politely as possible, which one were you? lol. I was sat with the wife on the left side of the screen when there were only 3 loads of people in really early.

I was the hansome bald headed bloke  ;) directly across to your right.

Dodsy

Quote from: dracula1 on 25 November, 2012, 01:48:45 PM

Cool, another face to a name. Nice meeting you  :)
Twitter - @dodsy84

GordyM

Quote from: dodsy on 21 November, 2012, 08:16:16 PM
QuoteSold a lot of copies of my comic No More Heroes (*cough* check link for ordering details *cough*). At one point a very nice American couple came over to the stall to take a look. I gave them the pitch and the guy liked the sound of it so much he bought every issue. After they left the guy at the next stall turned to me and said, "That was Mark Waid."

Yeah, I unknowingly sold my wee comic to one of the biggest names in the business. I even offered to sign it for him.  :-[

I think this is my favourite Con story of all time lol

Still cringing at this. Might as well have gone up to Charlie Adlard and offered to show him how to draw zombies.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

dracula1

Quote from: dodsy on 26 November, 2012, 12:52:18 PM
Quote from: dracula1 on 25 November, 2012, 01:48:45 PM

Cool, another face to a name. Nice meeting you  :)

Ditto to that Sir.   :D