Main Menu

PROG 2011 - Highly Explosive Thrill-Zone!

Started by Richard, 09 December, 2016, 11:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Cow

Gotta agree about Dredd -- standout script and art.  I already love Chris Weston but Rob Williams blew me away with the funniest Dredd I think I've ever read.  (If memory serves, the last time I actually laughed out loud while reading the Prog was another Williams tale -- the Sensitive Klegg ambassador story.)

However, was disappointed with the straight-in-the-middle-of-the fold positioning of Dredd in the Dredd/Chopper spread.   A rare editorial cock-up there by Tharg.

Kingdom is fab, as usual.

The Misty article I get, but the novel extract is better suited to the Megazine; it feels out-of-place in the Prog, even for a special.  Plus, Pat Mills' interviews or quotes always seem to be presented very carefully, which can be jarring to read.  (He comes across extremely well on video & audio and when writing in his own words, so I'm guessing people are just respectful and not wishing to misquote him.)

Droid Life is usually one of my faves but I didn't quite get this one.

Richard

P14 just needed someone to pull a cracker with. The suicidal guy thought he was rescuing him, but he wasn't.

Trent

Got mine too.
Overall an excellent prog which I plan to ration, trapped as I am in hospital.
Dredd is excellent, the new stories look promising and the one-offs hit the mark.
If I have a criticism it's that there is only 70 pages of art, these progs used to be 80 plus, but only a minor niggle.

Trent

Richard

That's only because Weston's 12 pages of art are so good they count as 24.

Darren Stephens

Only flicked through so far, but have to say it looks great. Chris Weston blows my tiny mind!  :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Proudhuff

Quote from: Buttonman on 10 December, 2016, 06:16:10 PM
Gah! Looks like I got the Letter o the Week but have no Prog! Any kind soul able to upload a scan for me?

Grud! He's going to be unbearable now, especially as it was a decent letter...
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Richard on 11 December, 2016, 11:53:33 AM
P14 just needed someone to pull a cracker with. The suicidal guy thought he was rescuing him, but he wasn't.

With Its a Wonderful Life refs too  :D

Great cover and a stand out Dredd, never been a Ace Truck fan so, nor the order, Kingdom great stuff too.
Double letters page! 
DDT did a job on me

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Proudhuff on 12 December, 2016, 04:12:25 PM

Great cover and a stand out Dredd, never been a Ace Truck fan so, nor the order, Kingdom great stuff too.
Double letters page!

That John Ridgway Bridg gag was *brilliant*  :D

Buttonman

Quote from: Proudhuff on 12 December, 2016, 04:07:08 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 10 December, 2016, 06:16:10 PM
Gah! Looks like I got the Letter o the Week but have no Prog! Any kind soul able to upload a scan for me?

Grud! He's going to be unbearable now, especially as it was a decent letter...

Man, it's a Christmas miracle! Cheers Tom!

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 12 December, 2016, 04:33:04 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 12 December, 2016, 04:12:25 PM

Double letters page!

That John Ridgway Bridg gag was *brilliant*  :D

D'oh! Only just got that.

dweezil2

How drokking great is that Chris Weston art on Dredd?!!!  :o

Fantastic stuff-fun story too!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Bolt-01

Seeing as I'm bringing Nano-bolt with me to the 40th, I've impressed on her that she needs to make herself familiar with the prog in its current form.

So far from the X-mas prog she sat and chuckled her way through 'Boxing Day'. Her fave moments all seem to involve Barney the computer and I had to provide a quick who's who for the meal scene. Loved spotting Rinus Limpopop Quintz (SP?) in that scene too.

For me, it's almost all about Gene-dog. I flippin' love this series.

Dandontdare

I did love mad old glitchy Barney! Scum! Filth!

And Chris Weston's art was jaw-droppingly good.

Smith

Judge Dredd was great.And Kingmaker looks promising.