The 2012 COVER OF THE YEAR Vote.

Started by Pete Wells, 14 December, 2012, 08:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huey2

At the moment I'm thinking...
1). 1810 (Clint Langley's Ro-busters)
2). 1808 (Edmund Bagwell)
3). 1770 - (Leigh Gallagher)

but could easily have chosen a dozen other favourites.

sheldipez

damswedon

1789 - John Burns' Dante
1806 - Nick Percival's Brass Sun
1777 - Jon Davis-Hunt's Age of the Wolf

I could of easily picked 10 others.

Colin YNWA

I've taken my time over this, but my list hasn't changed for 24 hours so I'll go with.

1791 - Simon Fraser - just so bold and wonderfully evocative of what it represents and perfect for the final Dante

1771b - Mike McMahon - I'm a sucker for a Tharg cover and this is a particularly good one

1805 - D'Israeli - I know 1811 has all the pizazz but this is just so... magnificent!

I'd just like to mention Chris Weston's 1771a cover. It'd have been a sure win BUT for the fact that we've seen the wrap around version it should have been and forever this one will always be a case of what could have been. 

Ignatius

My first full solar year of aquiring 2000ad and my first ever forum post!

3 points - Simon Fraser 1791
2 points - D'izzy 1811
1 points - Henry Flint 1781

Some mind-bendingly good covers all round. But the final Dante cover was just totally right.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

LARF

radiator

Hmmm, naming no names but there's a fair few less than brilliant covers in that lot...

As for my favourites I'd go for:

1. 1767 - Absalom/Trevallion
2. 1771b - Tharg/McMahon
3. 1791 - Dante/Fraser

Dan Kelly

douglaswolk

1. 1811--D'Israeli/Low Life wraparound. Design, scale, color, composition, excitement, comedy: wonderful.

2. 1791--Simon Fraser/Dante. Gorgeous on its own, striking because the world is so identifiably designed that we can immediately tell that the important thing about this image is who's absent from it.

3. 1775--McCarthy/Zaucer. Expresses very clearly the wonderful thing we're about to get. Plus nobody else in the WORLD uses that color scheme.

Marcus

1. 1811 D'Israeli - Low Life.
2. 1767 Tiernen Trevallion - Absalom.
3. 1772 Jon Davis-Hunt - Age of the Wolf.

The Adventurer

Oh god. How can a man possibly choose?

1. 1767 (Trevallion) - Trevallion draws some seriously gorgeous covers. I want this and the cover to the Absolom Ghosts of London TP as posters. Please Tharg. Please.

2. 1772 (Davis-Hurt) - This one was my desktop wallpaper for a good chunk of the year. I just really like Davis-Hurt's style here. Even though Age of the Wolf isn't as good as it could be, it always looks really nice.

3. 1781 (Flint) - For a pin-up cover which heralded an all too brief revival of some great villians... this was a really great cover.

Honorable Mention

1771a (Weston) - Doesn't make the cut even though it is amazing cover. Mostly because... I wish it was the full wrap around cover version we got the second half latter as a pin-up

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

STEVONATRON

1. 1811 D'Israeli

2. 1801 Clint Langley

3. 1804 Cliff Robinson

blackmocco

1. 1807 - If a cover's supposed to get you curious about what's inside AND manages to kick you in the balls with a size 12 steel-toed boot of absolute fucking badass, this is the one.
2. 1775 - C'mon folks. Brendan McCarthy. That is all.
3. 1771 - Should have been #1 but I wanted the whole thing as a cover, not half.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com