Main Menu

GOLDTIGER

Started by matty_ae, 15 March, 2016, 02:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james newell

just read goldtiger, and a misery in our family may have just been solved, for as long as i can remember a panel of original art had hung in my dads study, when I asked about the origin of the piece, I was told, "son, never meet your hero's" and that was that!

I think now (through the publication of goldtiger) I understand the origin of the piece and it my very well be the work of Antonio Barreti although their is no signature on the piece or it might be just some be some wannabe hack trying to promote him self through the genius of a master!

"Goldtiger" read it, its GENIUS!

james newell

Quote from: james newell on 17 April, 2016, 11:23:02 PM
just read goldtiger, and a mistery in our family may have just been solved

Fungus

It's such a nice conceit that I was disappointed the reveal took place at all. And based on the ThrillCast it wasn't something they felt was necessary, it just played out that way. Why? Dilutes the book in my opinion. Slightly. Good on 'em, though. Definitely picking this up.

AlexF

On the canon question, I will be counting the episode(s) that have run in the Megazine, but not the collection as a thing in itself towards the old tally on my blog
http://heroesof2000ad.blogspot.co.uk/

(shameless plug there).

Count me also as another fool who would be / is more likely to buy an orignal GN just because its put out by Rebellion with a 2000AD banner on it.

I suppose it'd be too much to ask someone on this thread who has bought and read Goldtiger to say whether they liked it or not? I enjoyed the sample in the Megazine, but I'm not sure I'd get into a whole big bookful of it.

Dash Decent

Now even Mickey Mouse is at it: Mickey's Craziest Adventures

"It's a "lost" 1965 Disney epic, deemed too wild for publication and saved only in tantalizing fragments... or is it? When Pegleg Pete and the Beagle Boys shrink and steal Scrooge's Money Bin, Mickey and Donald must track them down-in what is really a brand-new album-length thriller by comics masters Lewis Trondheim and Nicolas Keramidas: told in an amazing indy style and presented like a treasure suspended in time!"
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Magnetica

I had a quick flick through Goldtiger at FP on Saturday and can see why it has been published as a book and not serialised in the Prog. It seems to be mostly (the made up) history with a bit of strip thrown in. As opposed to what I had assumed was a fully fledged strip with a few pages of explanation ( like the Mega Collection).

Based on that, I am definitely glad I didn't order unseen from the Online store.

So to re-evaluate my answer to the question "do you consider it part of 2000AD canon?": definitely not.

Spikes

Yep, I also had a quick through it at FP as well. Must admit, It looked kinda a fun read, but more text than images prevented me from buying it there and then. (I too thought it was going to be a fully fledged strip).

But, I'm definitely going to treat myself to this at some point.