Main Menu

Ro-Busters Nuts and Bolts Volume 2

Started by vark, 17 August, 2016, 09:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vark

Another very nice reprint from Rebellion, including Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill Inside Story strip from prog 144 (not included in the 2008 complete Ro-Busters).
http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2016/08/ro-busters-complete-nuts-and-bolts.html

I was not able to source these two illustrations (I suspect the second one to originate from an annual):

glassstanley

The top one if from the Star Lord Summer Special, the bottom one is from the 1982 2000AD Annual.

Steve Green

Great collection - good to see the Gibbons drawn robo-tales as well.

Max Headroom

A little bit of a shame that not all the Ro-Jaws Robo-Tales made it into the final version, but a handsome volume nonetheless.

Dark Jimbo

Terrible cover aside this is a gorgeous volume  - really appreciate the comprehensivness of the covers/pin-ups/etc.
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

Yeah, would have preferred the one used for previous collections.

This is an odd omission though considering it's a Terrameks cover.

and

I think this may have been full-size, created by Martin Bower? Wonder what happened to it...

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Steve Green on 19 August, 2016, 06:46:55 PM
Yeah, would have preferred the one used for previous collections.

Yeah, it's a great dynamic image and the colouring seems really natural in a way that the garish computer colours stuck over Gibbon's pin-up.... don't.
@jamesfeistdraws

vark

Quote from: glassstanley on 18 August, 2016, 04:07:14 PM
The top one if from the Star Lord Summer Special, the bottom one is from the 1982 2000AD Annual.
Thanks! Will add these references, and also the missing cover from 2000 AD #99 (thanks Steve Green)

Steve Green