Main Menu

Leatherjack

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 July, 2010, 09:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 July, 2013, 09:28:21 PM
I believe that Paul Marshal has held onto the FireDragonkind stuff. One day he'll retire and be forced to sell his precious goods to survive and like a vulture I'll be hovering around that too!
Hmm. Well, there's one page of Firekind that I think I'd pay just about any amount for.
We never really die.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Greg M. on 24 July, 2013, 09:34:37 PM
I believe that Paul Marshal has held onto the Dragonkind stuff.

That's usually my cue to say - "Apart from this one piece"

I was just waiting for Greg to pop up with that! I'd love to know the story behind how you acquired this piece, Greg?

And if its the DPS from the first episode you'd pay any amount for, Cosh, you will have to fight me for it  :D

I, Cosh

Quote from: SimeonB on 24 July, 2013, 09:54:39 PM
And if its the DPS from the first episode you'd pay any amount for, Cosh, you will have to fight me for it  :D
No. That's amazing too, but it's the weird aboriginal influenced creation myth page I'd have on my living room wall if I could.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 24 July, 2013, 09:47:32 PM
I believe that Paul Marshal has held onto the FireDragonkind stuff. One day he'll retire and be forced to sell his precious goods to survive and like a vulture I'll be hovering around that too!
Hmm. Well, there's one page of Firekind that I think I'd pay just about any amount for.

Hmmm can I get away with pretending that particularly embarrassing mistake (well in the context of this forum, of course 99.9% of people wouldn't know, to me its a bloody mortal error... anyway, meladrama aside) is a typo not me being a numbnut. I mean my typos are pretty bad, I reckon I can pull that off... look D is right next to F...

Greg M.

You lot can scrap it out for the glorious splash pages - I want the one where Mr. Cheetl makes his debut! Bloomin' quick identification of my pic though, Colin - the YNWA brain is an encyclopedic organ indeed!

Simeon - I'd like to tell you that I acquired it through some ritual involving alien narcotics and tantric magic, but sadly the truth is more mundane. I got hold of it through ungodly dealings with a notorious and shadowy art-dealer well-known for his ability to simply "find" esoteric pieces, i.e: I bought it off Dale back when I was getting a lot of my other Paul Marshall stuff.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: The Cosh on 24 July, 2013, 09:58:21 PM
No. That's amazing too, but it's the weird aboriginal influenced creation myth page I'd have on my living room wall if I could.

I know the page, and it's a lovely piece of art. Could stand completely on its own...

Quote from: Greg M. on 24 July, 2013, 10:02:12 PM

Simeon - I'd like to tell you that I acquired it through some ritual involving alien narcotics and tantric magic, but sadly the truth is more mundane. I got hold of it through ungodly dealings with a notorious and shadowy art-dealer well-known for his ability to simply "find" esoteric pieces, i.e: I bought it off Dale back when I was getting a lot of my other Paul Marshall stuff.

No, that can't be right, Greg. Clearly the cosmic gods to whom you sacrificed your earthly offerings have replaced those memories with giving Dale a wad of cash...

Link Prime

Oh Greg, will you ever tire of trotting out that Firekind piece? (curse you)

And Colin, if you wish to join our Flying Hellfish-esque Tontine regarding the 'liberation' of Marshall's Firekind artwork, report to Sergeant Greg M.

Colin YNWA

I would, be I should warn you I had to look up what tontine meant...

Skullmo

Quote from: Greg M. on 24 July, 2013, 09:34:37 PM
I believe that Paul Marshal has held onto the Dragonkind stuff.

That's usually my cue to say - "Apart from this one piece"

I was just waiting for Greg to pop up with that! I'd love to know the story behind how you acquired this piece, Greg?

Ahem! I think I rank before you! You would not have read it if not for me!
It's a joke. I was joking.

abelardsnazz

Picked Leatherjack up recently and just finished reading. John Smith on full throttle is a joy to behold, and Paul Marshall's vibrant artwork brings it to life perfectly. Great stuff.