Main Menu

Before 2000AD

Started by colcool007, 15 February, 2005, 04:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

"Oh...This would happen seperately tho,do you see

I thought that might be the case. Just testing !

So it was *you* wishing you were the Human Torch, and *you* having the hots for Susan; and not Johnny having the hots for Susan at all. Glad we got that cleared up !

:-)
STRIKE !!!

Devons Daddy

i read some comics. but nothing of note. or anything i bothered to get regulary.

2000ad  was my first real comic i took seriously  i really was completely taken by the thrill power.
it introduced me to other comics.
starlord, tornado, crisis, then onwards and outwards from there.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

thrillpowerseeker

I'm lucky enough to have stumbled across a great shop where in their back room they have literally thousands of back issues of Lion,Vulcan,Valiant,Battle,Bullet et al...they're practically giving em away too so every time I mosy into town I always buy a fivers worth..picked up 20 odd copies of 1976 Action last saturday starting out at 20p for the tatty ones to 50p for the good uns..the early Victors are next on my list

Grant Goggans

TPS, that sounds like the greatest shop in the universe.

Some little comic shop waaaay out of my way had got hold of a stack of about forty 1970-71 Lions in a collection they'd bought, along with one Wizard, and let me have the lot for $5.  I was reading those for weeks!

Myself, I was a Marvel zombie before I found Eagle's Judge Dredd.  I dropped X-Men like a bad habit immediately.

--Grant

Carlsborg Expert.

The Empire comic book shop on mancheater is full of old Valients, Actions and more.
I tend to hang about too long in looking at covers and need to stick to a budget,so a mere glimpse,tells me there may be loadss of old mags of the type above.

DxB , maybe you know of the place i talk of. Its on the station approach road. Heading away from the Piccadilly station.

He could tell you.

thrillpowerseeker

Yeah it is..its not even a comic shop..just antiques and toys mainly..Talking to the bloke that owns it he picked up nearly all the comics in one go off an old lady who was moving into sheltered accom..a real aladdins cave of comicry

Rio De Fideldo

My comic history goes something like this

Pippin
Dandy
Wow
Whoopee & Wow
2000ad
Buster
Eagle
School Fun
Scream
Crisis
Revolver
The Megazine

wrighty47

Jeez, where do I start??

Thunder
Valiant
Lion
Vulcan
Tiger
Beano (when they had adventure strips in it too)
Whoopie
Shiver & Shake
Warlord
Action
Most of the Marvel Uk stuff

Erm, I think that's it!

Alan!

Devons Daddy

Talking to the bloke that owns it he picked up nearly all the comics in one go off an old lady

have you no shame,
trading on the misery of others. some middle aged male somewhere will return to his mothers house, only to find the lovely new home his sister got there mother is no longer storing his collection his pride and joy.

just imagine it could be YOU NEXT TIME.

does that shop have an email address? :~)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Noisybast

Hrm... Lemme think...

Beano
Dandy
Buster
Beezer
Topper
Whizzer & Chips
Whoopee & Wow
Scream
Eagle (the new one)
Occasional Commando books
Spider-Man
Batman
Superman
The Incredible Hulk
X-Men
Star Wars
Transformers
Zoids
Look-In

...amongst others. My great-auntie used to bring me 7 or 8 comics every Sunday when she came to visit. She basically taught me to read by the time I was about 3. Very cool old lady...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Carlsborg Expert.

The same year 2000ad was getting out of fanzine level there was a book called Space wars;worlds and weapons by Steven Eisler.

i can get it on amazon but dont and cant have an account with Amazon.

I wonder if any-one has access to any of the prints and pictures,so I can see if it is worth re-adding to my collection?

Noisybast

2000AD was never a fanzine.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Carlsborg Expert.

I bet the writers didnt think that.
Fleetway sponsored it didthey from the beginning?

Wils

Tsk! Young sir needs to read up on his 2000ad history, methinks. ;)

Carlsborg Expert.

on my way to the vaults as we speak.

Gentlemen.