Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Tjm86 on 20 February, 2017, 08:29:17 PM

How do we live our lives in the face of this?

To the utmost.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

CrazyFoxMachine

Heartening to see others on here followed it as well - and of course TordelBack who is basically the board's Eddie Mair. I mean that.

I listen to radio a month behind for various reasons (there's no actual reason) which is usually not an issue (although the late January heavy festive tone was jarring) today saw me commuting with Hewlett and Eddie from 31 days ago. Optimistic he was and determinedly inquiring about future treatments. He seemed jaunty and made Eddie laugh and I found myself staring harrowed at the other other passengers on the bus as if peering at them through the other side of death. It was... quite the experience. Certainly not one I ever thought radio 4 could generate.

"We'll see you next week" said Eddie at the end.
"You will." Steve replied resolutely.

And I broke down

Goaty

Bill Paxton, only man to be killed by the Alien, the Predator and the Terminator

:(

Frank

That's it, man. Game over.

Bolt-01

Oh, no. No. words fail me...

Rara Avis

RIP Private Hudson.

I guess he finally secured that shit.

von Boom

Shocking and sad news about Bill Paxton. :(

Professor Bear

Spikes

Dang.

Farewell, Mr Paxton. 

HdE

Beyond gutted to hear about Private Hudson.

That one hurts.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Goaty on 26 February, 2017, 03:49:30 PM
Bill Paxton, only man to be killed by the Alien, the Predator and the Terminator

Blimey. Most stories are saying he shares this honour with Lance Henriksen.

But, blimey.
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Bloody hell, that's sad.  One of my favourite actors, there was a time I'd go see anything he was in: from his scene-stealing vileness in Weird Science to his horrific hat-and-jacket in Predator 2, to understated and completely convincing roles in One False Move and Apollo 13, and scenery-chewing in Twister and the awful Thunderbirds, he was a genuine hard-working unshowy actor and I always smiled when he appeared in something unexpected.  I'll miss his work greatly.

SIP

Recently great in edge of tomorrow too, and very funny in true lies. Always Hudson to me though, a childhood favourite of mine, really gutted about it.

GordonR

Quote from: Goaty on 26 February, 2017, 03:49:30 PM

Apart from Lance Henriksen, of course.

Something Fishy

Very sad.  RIP.