Main Menu

TOM FRAME - OUR DROID

Started by +rufus+, 14 July, 2006, 10:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vila

Very sad to hear this. He'll be missed, he really will.

ming

Very sad news.  Condolences to his family and friends.  Such a familiar name in the prog for so many years - not a high profile, but a name as familiar as any artist or writer.

TordelBack

Just heard the sad news.  Although I never met the man, Tom Frame was a constant companion for this past quarter century, through his clear, emotive letters, week after week, year after year.  I always noticed when it was someone else's work on story, even as a kid, and I was sorry to see him switch to (perectly competent but somehow more sterile) computerised lettering these last few years.  I'll miss his presence every time I open my weekly prog.  

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

markyh

So sad to hear this. Tom was one of the few names I could easily recall from my first stint as a reader back when I was 8 years old. Twenty-odd years later when I started reading again, it was so reassuring to see Tom still there that it made reading 2000ad again so easy. Sadly missed already.

critter

When it comes to lettering, Tom will always be #1. Yesterday I got a batch of Progs in the mail. The first story was from 920, Judge Dredd the Exterminator.

Bye Tom, New Thrills coming at you in the next life.

critter

paulvonscott

Before I fell asleep the other night just randomly picked up a case file and read a random strip, lettered by Tom Frame.  It really was very good.  It added as much to Dredd feeling epic than a Ron Smith crowd scene.

CapKlep

Not checked in for a while so i missed this.
Very Sad news. One of the greats of any era of 2000ad and as important a part of my childhood (and adulthood)as Bolland, McMahon etc.
Goodbye Tom and thanks for doing what you did so well for all those years.

HiEx

Only just caught this sad news. Tom's work was always first class and he'll definitely be missed.

Although not as much in the limelight as the art and script droids, his contribution to 2000AD over a quarter of a century was right up there with the other greats such as Wagner, Mills, Bolland, Ezquerra, Grant, Moore etc.

RIP Tom.

HiEx