Main Menu

TOM FRAME 1931-2006

Started by 2000AD Online, 18 July, 2006, 07:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Everyone here at the Nerve Centre will miss Tom terribly. His contribution to 2000 AD spans over two and a half decades, not including his work on the Megazine and sundry other titles, and he was as much a part of the comic as its characters.

Always friendly and professional, Tom's great talent for lettering ensured that every strip his work appeared on was always an effortless pleasure to read. Although letterers are rarely praised, their contribution remains invaluable, and proves that comics is a collaborative medium, each component part essential to the construction of the story. Tom always made sure that his lettering aided the storytelling, never hindered it.

Our condolences go out to his family. If anyone wishes to make a donation to the Marie Curie charity, they can do so here: www.mariecurie.org.uk/supportus/waystodonate/

Link: Tharg's Newsround

The Amstor Computer

Good on you, guys. Hopefully we'll see a fuller tribute at a later date, but it's nice to see this now - and thank you for the pointer to Marie Curie. I take it this was his, or his family's, charity of choice?

dweezil2

It would be really nice to have a tribute in the weekly, as he was so much part of it. Hope this can be done.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Proudhuff

A dedication on the front of the Prog 1500 would be most suitable I feel,Is there time? How about it?
DDT did a job on me

Woolly

Would i be right in saying Tom was 2000AD's most prolific droid?

Are there any progs (present one excluded) that don't feature his genius?

W. R. Logan

Thrills
2000AD Artist: 1
2000AD Letters: 278
Megazine Letters: 75
Other Letters: 62

Fan Thrills
Letters: 1

Fan Input
Photos: 1

after hearing how Tom used to colour splash pages I think his profile should be updated.
I'd also like to see a really well written obituary appear on his profile page and the same for any other old Droids that are now sipping oil in the great Nerve Centre in the sky.

Wake

I'd also like to see a really well written obituary appear on his profile page and the same for any other old Droids that are now sipping oil in the great Nerve Centre in the sky.

Agreed, but someone else would have to write them for me.

Perhaps the colouring of centre pages could be added as a nerve centre job if someone could take a guess as to approximately what range of progs he covered.

Cheers,

Wake