September Thrills!

Started by 2000AD Online, 25 September, 2006, 04:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Two new Graphic Novels coming your way

NIKOLAI DANTE: TSAR WARS - VOLUME 1
By Robbie Morrison, John Burns, Simon Fraser and Steve Yeowell

ONE FAMILY WILL FALL!

2669: The Russian Empire is being torn apart by the war between the Tsar and the Romanovs. Streetwise swashbuckler Nikolai Dante is in the middle of the action, leading a rabble called the Rudinshtein Irregulars; a ragtag army made up of thieves and murderers. The Romanovs see them as cannon fodder but when Nikolai Dante is your general, victory can almost certainly be snatched from the jaws of death!

Includes covers gallery.

£13.99
160 pages

JUDGE DREDD: THE COMPLETE P. J. MAYBE
By John Wagner, Alan Grant, Garth Ennis, Liam Sharp, Carlos Ezquerra and others

ABOUT A BOY!

Every so often in Mega-City One, a child prodigy comes to light. But Philip Janet Maybe's talent isn't for anything healthy, like the synth-violin, or skysurfing, or ingesting inanimate objects. P.J.'s talent is murder! Here, for the first time in the Graphic Novel format are all of the tales of this killer teen, following his bloody career from boy to man. Only the Big Meg's finest can stop him and you can be sure that Judge Dredd is on the case!

Includes specially commissioned cover, digitally re-mastered colour strip pages, afterword and never-before-seen sketches by Liam Sharp.

Link: Tharg's Newsround

longmanshort

Hmmmm, the extra content on the PJ collection may just make me buy it, but I ain't sure - how long before the Case Files catch up with the murderous teen?
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Byron Virgo

Well, it could be a while because not long after the first PJ Maybe strip appeared, Dredd went full-colour, which might prove a problem with the current format of the Casefiles books.

Tex Hex

Is this the fourth Dante book? When will it be available?

Also, Ive got the original mandarin "Romanov Dynasty" and the titan "Great Game" and "...Jena Makarov". Does the Titan "Romanov Dynasty" have the Gulag Apocalyptic 'cos It seems to be missing from mine...

-hex

Byron Virgo

The Mandarin/Hamlyn only reprints the Simon Fraser strips up to Moscow Duellists, but cuts all strips not drawn by Fraser.

davidbishop

Hamlyn develop a marked aversion to books that mixed artists, after an early GN that featured multiple illustrators bombed. Hence the Dante volume that omitted Henry's stunning art on The Gulag Apocalyptic and one or two other bits and bobs.

davidbishop

Link: http://viciousimagery.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">his blog

The Amstor Computer

PJ Maybe - great & a definite buy.

Dante Vol. 4 - definite buy, but was Simon Fraser unavailable for cover duties? Having a new - or substantially reworked - cover on each previous volume has been wonderful, so it's disappointing that we're getting a warmed-over Frazer Irving piece this time.

Any word on availability?

nick-is-at-home

PJ, i've already got the Extreme Ed and I 've read the newer stories as they've come out so i dont think ill shell out for this collection, although it'd be nice to have...

hocothedev

Have to say I'm looking forward to getting hold of both of these editions but you do have to wonder when they will actually appear on the shelves. To the best of my knowledge "The Hunting Party" was slated for release back in July and I'm still waiting for it to become available. Going on current form these should be out in time for Christmas then.

Anyone any idea as to why there have been such major delays in the release of all the latest titles? In my experience, the only title to make its actual release date was Complete Case Files 3. Not that Iâ??m trying to stick it to Mr. Oliver but Iâ??m sure weâ??d all be a lot happier if the new title launches actually matched their official announced releases better.

Dudley

Only the Big Meg's finest can stop him

Or not.  Usually not.

Jonathan O

"but Iâ??m sure weâ??d all be a lot happier if the new title launches actually matched their official announced releases better"

And so would I. Hunting Party was delayed due to scanning problems and then the printers cocked up the proofs, then they take a while to get new proofs out to me.

Invasions 2 was delayed due to printing error.

However, Bec & Kawl and Realpolitik were both out on time. In fact they were early.

Cheers

Jon

hocothedev

Hi Jon,

I appreciate the prompt response. The two titles you mentioned were the only recent releases I have not purchased so forgive me for suggesting that there are delays with all the titles.

My edition of "Slaine: Books of Invasions Volume 2" arrived in late August which was quite close to its release time. I've held on to it despite the mis-print.

Let me use this opportunity to compliment you on the quality of reproduction and choice of stories that you have released thusfar. I've bought 21 of the Rebellion graphic novel publications in the last year so you can hardly call me a dissatisfied customer.

Any idea when "The Hunting Party" will be available? Haven't read this since it was in the Progs so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it.

The Amstor Computer

However, Bec & Kawl and Realpolitik were both out on time. In fact they were early.

Unfortunately - and Iâ??m not blaming you when I say this - Realpolitik is still unavailable from anywhere Iâ??ve looked online, including the Future Shop. From my POV distribution seems to be a bit of a bottleneck, with titles taking a while to filter out to retailers & itâ??s this that usually delays me getting my mitts on the latest books.

IndigoPrime

Clearly, Amazon needs its arse kicked, tooâ??it's currently stating "7 Feb 2007" for Realpolitik, which is rather strange, seeing as I have a copy on my shelf downstairs (sent from FP).

hocothedev

I saw Realpolitik on the bookshelves here in Stockholm at least two weeks ago so Jon is right about that shipping to stores on time.