Main Menu

New Thrills for June!

Started by 2000AD Online, 30 May, 2007, 03:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Take a sneaky peek at some of the scrotnig new stories heading your way in the coming weeks...

Greysuit: Project Monarch by Pat Mills and John Higgins

A Delta-class assassin, John Blake is a governmental agent - a Greysuit - conditioned by his masters to have augmented speed and strength. But could a glitch in his programming make him remember who he was?

Not a slave. Not a living weapon. Not government property. A human being...

Starts Prog 1540!

Defoe: 1666 by Pat Mills and Leigh Gallagher

London, 1668, and two years after the Great Fire devastated the capital, the undead have risen from the ashes to feast upon the living. Titus Defoe is the city's top zombie hunter - but who is controlling the ghoulish hordes?

Starts Prog 1540!

Judge Dredd: Mutants in Mega-City One by John Wagner and Colin MacNeil

Mutant rights come to the fore when Dredd must hunt down mutant sympathisers in the city - and when familiar faces come calling to visit...

Starts Prog 1542!

Link: Tharg's Newsround

Satanist

The art on Defoe looks a bit good.

Looking forward to all these.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dark Jimbo

Dear sweet Grud above!!! I want this now!!http://www.2000adonline.com/images/artwork/defoe2.jpg">
@jamesfeistdraws

Richmond Clements

Defoe sounds good.
Potential for some real Millsian madness there...

Mardroid

When I first read the blurb on Defoe I thought it might be an adaption of the Abbadon novel set in London... the 2nd tomes of the dead novel. However seeing the 17th century setting, obviously not.

Horror in a period setting with a bit of sci-fi thrown in (I'm sure guns of that day couldn't do multiple shots like that ;} ), lovely.

Art

I bleieve it's some kind of multiple barrel affair, each one at an angle. I've seen flintlovcks like that in museums but I beleive they were mostly experiments and show-pieces, it not being an idea with many practical drawbacks. Still, pretty cool thing to have in a clock-punk setting.

The Amstor Computer

Mills really is on a roll right now, and both Defoe & Greysuit look bloody tasty - and if Greysuit is, as it seems to be shaping up to be, a dose of hyperviolence & political commentary, then I'm really interested.

Though, to be honest, any comic in which the lead punches a man's jaw off kinda has me at day one ;-)

Bad Andy

Why call it Defoe 1666 if it's set in 1668? Looks the biz mind.

Isn't Greysuit just Mach One revisited? With the hyper violence included? And a bit of Robocop 'who/what am I?' thrown in.

Is there anything else from Mills' back catalogue which is going to make a reappearance.

Dark Jimbo

Is there anything else from Mills' back catalogue which is going to make a reappearance.

The Visible Man Book II is heading your way in 2008. Frank Hart may have resigned from the human race and left Earth far behind, but his adventures are only just beginning as his shuttle takes him deep into the cosmos and into the heart of a galactic war, a war where his arrival tips the balance of power and will have drastic consequences for the universe as we know it...
@jamesfeistdraws

Mardroid

"I bleieve it's some kind of multiple barrel affair, each one at an angle. I've seen flintlocks like that in museums but I beleive they were mostly experiments and show-pieces, it not being an idea with many practical drawbacks."

Ah yes. I didn't quite see the seperate barrels to start with, but no you mention it I wonder how I didn't notice in the first place. Maybe it's something to do with my minds interpretation (or rather misinterpretation) of the the black and white image. I don't mean that as a criticism though. I do usually prefer colour strips, but in this case and setting, monochrome seems quite fitting.

As for the multi-barrel, I love the idea to. This reminds me of a certain series of Horror films. The name skips me, (something -plasm, maybe?) but it was the one with the Tall man, the flying razor balls and the dwarf drones... Anyway one of the main characters of that film had triple, (or was it quadruple?) barrel shotgun. The films were kinda pap, but watchable, fun pap (and genuinely quite scary in places). If that makes sense.

ukdane

The Visible Man Book II is heading your way in 2008.
For real?
Is this a new story, or have they dug up the original book II that was written, or a combination of the two?
Cheers

-Daney

Byron Virgo

"This reminds me of a certain series of Horror films."

Phantasm.

Mardroid

"Phantasm."

Cheers that's the one. I was having one of those tip of my tongue (or is it tip of my fingers in this case?) moments. A mental block anyway.

The Monarch

Defoe 1666 looks more like canon fodder 1666 to me

JOE SOAP

***Defoe 1666 looks more like canon fodder 1666 to me***

...except better.