Main Menu

The 2000 AD Official Art Droid Sketchbook

Started by 2000AD Online, 09 October, 2007, 05:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

SA-80 what a piece of shit. The army should have never changed it with the SLR.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Peter Wolf

What would your choice be just out of interest?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

W. R. Logan

piece of shit it may be but it still fires bullets and i have the next two weekends to fire shedloads, of course whilst paying full attention to the instructor so i can pass the exam.

vzzbux

At the time when I joined the army the SLR was the most powerful rifle being used by any major armed forces.
A test was done between the SLR the AK47 and the M16, firing into concrete, ours won hands down with the M16 propping up the rear.
The round of the SLR is 7.62 whereas the SA80 is only 5.56. The point is if hit by a 7.62 round you stay down, a 5.56 in theory you could carry on fighting. Thats what we were taught anyway.
The Afghans are using the AK47=7.62 thats why one round is killing our troops when they are hit.
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

pauljholden

but.. but.. the SA80 has that cool bull-pup design!

- pj

Peter Wolf

Thats quite shocking really but it just leads back to what i was saying last night about the government.I wonder who is arming the Afghanis?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dog Deever

Well, a lot of the Eastern Bloc countries were manufacturing 'AK-47/ 74' variants, as well as identikit, copies themselves. The Czech's were making them, the Chinese made a model also. I suppose with the collapse of the Eastern Bloc it would have freed up shedloads of AK-type weapons.
Isn't the original Israeli galil built along the lines of an AK too?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

W. R. Logan

although its changed the subject slightly the idea of changing from 7.62 and the SLR to the NATO standard 5.56 and the SA80 was that its thrue that if hit by the 7.62 you were probably never going to get up again but if your deadyour dead. The 5.56 was designed to incapacitate so that the casualty has to be casevaced, hospitalised and given treatment so therefore taking up valuable resourses of the enemy. Personally i'd rather see the enemy never getting up again.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/hityourdead01.jpg> http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/hityourdead02.jpg>

back to your regular programming now.

paulvonscott

I like the sketchbook, though I fear artists may come to fear its approach :p

Jim_Campbell

"The 5.56 was designed to incapacitate"

Indeed. Precisely the same school of thought that brought us the anti-personnel landmine with precisely enough power to blow off the victim's foot.

A dead victim is just meat ... blow off his foot and not only do you debilitate the victim themselves, but two more people have to carry them off the field of battle and then [god only knows how many] people have to nurse them back to health, except that these people will NEVER fight!

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Wils

Although basically an SA-80, I found that the bolt-action of the GP was a right pain in the arse. I actually prefer the action on the Enfield.

Needless to say, I was *briefly* in cadets in my youth, but an incident at Swynnerton involving a 'hard-man' of a 16 year old corporal, a sewage outlet river and the butt of my GP secured my desire to leave. I was suspended for a month (not for hitting him, but for cocking my rifle and pointing it at his face afterwards), but decided I wasn't going to go back once the month was up.

Hoagy

Right, if you're fighting extremists, wouldn't it be part of martyrdom to be left for dead?

They are fighting suicide squads most of the time are they not?

This is total conjecture.

Incapacitating them can only serve to slow them down, so that you can finally get that sketch of a bone munching, neanderthal from prog 300 surely?

*Sorry, bad joke.

Apart from my obvious attempt to mix two subjects, I still feel that NATO have to have considered this. There is/was speculation that it were for a more humane approach to warfare. I don't see many wheelchairs in operation over there tho.

*(While I'm apologizing; Bryan Talbot's a lovely man and has no grudge to bear with any fan.)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

BICS2007

Have I accidentally gone onto a 'guns & ammo' message board????

Link: www.thecomicsshow.co.uk

BICS2007

BICS2007