Main Menu

Alan Grant on the News.

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 18 February, 2008, 05:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

About five minutes into this You-Tube video. Alan Grant makes appearance on the news talking about how the real world is becomming alot like Mega City One.

Stuff, I 've heard about before. Nothing reallyt surpising me, except that at the end when he's talking about that mega city law regarding the ban on Comics, because they make you think. They give you ideas, outside the box. Unlike television and word books. He said they make you use both sides of your brain. I guess, this is because of the narrative, dialoge, pictures.

Now I thought thats another argument against the notion that comics books make you retarded.

Which brings me back to a discussion on this message board about nearly two years prior about wether or not comics are only for very young children.

Bollocks!

All the stuff, before the Alan Grant interveiw, is sort of interesting also. Talking about the anti-terrorism laws. There is some scary stuff to know there. One bloke was talking about going to prison for writing poetry.

Yeah, Right.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rScec2duH30" target="_blank">Alan Grants talks about life imitating Dredd

JOE SOAP

Peter Wolf

"Stuff, I 've heard about before. Nothing reallyt surpising me, except that at the end when he's talking about that mega city law regarding the ban on Comics, because they make you think. They give you ideas, outside the box. Unlike television and word books. He said they make you use both sides of your brain. I guess, this is because of the narrative, dialoge, pictures."

That is an interesting point though that i never commented on last time.

I was reading an Alan Moore interview in Zarjaz 3 where he was saying exactly the same thing.Both sides of the brain engaged while reading etc.

I hadnt considered that aspect before.

That interview is by far and away one of the most interesting things i have ever read as an insight into creating.

That is all.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death