Main Menu

pristeen16... My new book from IDW with Alan Martin

Started by +rufus+, 30 June, 2008, 02:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+rufus+

Hope I've put this in the right section, if not, my apologies...

Ok...

Alan Martin (Tank Girl writer,genius, good drinker, beard) and I (Me, Rufus, artbot,eedjit, bad drinker, unbeardy...) have a new mini series out soon from IDW Comics called....   pristeen16   .... no capital, no gap.

It's about a crack team of immaculately conceived women, guns, scissors, bad guys...and more guns.

If you like TG, Peter Sellers, Dismemberment by kitchen implements, and strong cocktails you'll hopefully like this series.

If not...keep drinking...it'll improve.... or at lest you'll have other worries, like staying upright.

Here's the covers to the first 3 issues...

More soon!

Rufus

Robin Low

Would you be offended if I made comparisons between the second one and Mike McMahon? It was something about the elongated legs...

I liked the first two in particular. The third one didn't quite grab me until I noticed what I take to be a brain in a jar.

Regards

Robin

Ignatzmonster

**The third one didn't quite grab me until I noticed what I take to be a brain in a jar.**

With my reverse-time ESP powers I can read your mind at that moment, Low: "Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, HELLO is that a brain in a jar?"

I'm damned excited to see you putting out regular work Rufus. Couldn't be more pleased to see Martin's return to comics as well.

death by bongo

Can't wait to download this.

I don't do smilies.

+rufus+

Thank you both of you!

Tank Girl's going well... we're working on Issue 4 of 'Visions of Booga', and now Skidmarks is starting in Meg 275.... as well as pristeen16... busy year... (oh...and Low Life)

Alan and I have got a whole plethora of projects, and ideas...  definitely a lot more things to come. Working with Alan has truly been the highlight of my working life.

I hope you enjoy the books.

:-) Ruf

PS..if you check out my blogs, I'm posting pencils and roughs of covers and other art etc.

http://rufusdayglo.blogspot.com/

+rufus+

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

death by bongo

Quote from: "+rufus+"Hey DBB... try buying it.

;-) I do smilies.

Ruf

You mean actually pay for something, reward the creators and ensure their future employment?  It's luddite thinking like this that'll have us walking around in wooden shoes and sending kids up chimneys again.

Quote from: "In his best Christopher Lambert voice, Death By Bongo"Get out of my ice-cream truck, you cro-magnon bitch!

+rufus+

Krom, the pristeen16 series is out from IDW Comics  in September (I believe). So can be ordered from any comics shop through Previews or Wizards.

Tuxedo card... now you've got me! I have no idea! :-) Ruf

Hoagy

Great news.:mrgreen:

September eh?

Into my birthday hamper they go.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

TordelBack

I love the cover to No. 2, but I can't help feeling that buying a comic called "prisTeen16" will have me added to some list that should be sent out to local parents and youth groups...

Hoagy

(s) Talking of kids;-

The third cover reminds me of when I got the shit kicked out of me when I was ten after taking the piss out of a few teenage girls. There was as many there as are in the picture.

And yes, after a good slapping, there may well have been a brain-in-a-jar girl, slyly dropped into my peripheral. 8-)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

+rufus+

It's all in the best/worst possible taste I assure you.

The girl with her brain's in the jar is a charcter...with a story of doomed beauty... :-)

Krom... pleased to bring back traumatic childhood memories for you! Ouch.

Ruf... who should be drawing...

Robin Low

Quote from: "Ignatzmonster"With my reverse-time ESP powers I can read your mind at that moment, Low: "Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, Breasts, HELLO is that a brain in a jar?"

There's a lot to be said for breasts, but that's a thread in its own right. Possibly even an entire forum or two.

Regards

Robin

ukdane

Rufus; How many issues is pristeen16?

I can't find anything about it on the IDW website.

Am I going to start to have a Rufus+Alan comics fund, with all your projects?
 ;)
Cheers

-Daney