Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 February, 2017, 09:35:43 AM
I was surprised Unbox had so many of those Nemesis figs still - from Dale's tat and chat group I got the impression that they were rare.

They said they found a load of them in a warehouse recently. I was glad to pick one up as I didn't get one before.
They also told me they designed a Torquemada to go with it but it never got made.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Dash Decent

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 12 February, 2017, 04:16:18 PM

How do the shoulder pads and badge attach to the figure?  I know they can be worn both over or under the cloak, but if they're not magnetic like Mezco made theirs, does that mean there are holes in the cloak to allow pegs to pass through the cloak and into the figure?  If so, it may be a disincentive to have the pads under the cloak if it leaves holes on display.

It looks miles better than the Mezco potato sack though.  Love the little tie-down type holes at the bottom of the cloak.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ming

Quote from: Dash Decent on 26 February, 2017, 06:24:51 AM...but if they're not magnetic...

They are magnetic. :)

(And there are no holes beneath the pads.)

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

lincnash

Found over on the 3A/2000AD Forum :-

"Re: 2000AD General Discussion

Post by gregory on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:21 am

The RAD Cloak is designed to go either over the armor or you can undo the flaps on the shoulders for the armor over look. The cloak itself has velcro'd bits to make it possible

Weapons load out is themed for the more early feel. Just the Mk1, Daystick, and Stub Gun

1/6th Stub Gun model isn't ready yet. We'll have updates closer to production.

Last edited by gregory on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total"

The "loop-holes" are a great addition.
Military Poncho's have them to make a tent using poles and pegs.
Gives the Rad-cloak a "Government stock, General Issue" feel.

shaolin_monkey

When do we get the 'eagle eye' version?

Mikey

Just seen online that Anderson will be the next 1/6 - can't remember if that was already known or previously mentioned...
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

Quote from: Mikey on 27 February, 2017, 08:20:53 AM
Just seen online that Anderson will be the next 1/6 - can't remember if that was already known or previously mentioned...

STARES AT BANK BALANCE.  WEEPS.

jacob g

And now my personal rule "never buy AF bigger than 1:10 scale" begin to crumble.
margaritas ante porcos

Mardroid

I didn't know they were doing Anderson in that scale.

I'll hold out for the 1/12 I think (hoping they do that) but it will be nice to see.

lincnash

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 27 February, 2017, 07:59:57 AM

Although the Fuzz hair and Eagle Eyes will be hidden by the helmet.
A single pair of Gripping hands to suit all accessories is a must in my book.  :)

ANDERSON in 1/6th is a bolt from the blue.
I think she was suggested if sales of the original 1/6th line went well ( Tharg, Mongrol etc.).
My preference would be 1/12th, as I don't see "bang for your buck" in 3A 1/6.
Purchased 1/12 MORTIS, DREDD + LAWMASTER at around the price of a single 1/6 DREDD.
The Big Boys 1/6th offerings have fabric/functional pouches, loaded with iconic accessories.
Recently purchased a Sideshow PUNISHER for $220 rrp + $30 shipping/postage (avoided tax/duties).
1/6 DREDD with a few accessories and molded belt/pouches (no boot-knife) $200 with postage  :o.

ted5536

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 27 February, 2017, 11:26:28 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 27 February, 2017, 07:59:57 AM

Although the Fuzz hair and Eagle Eyes will be hidden by the helmet.
A single pair of Gripping hands to suit all accessories is a must in my book.  :)

ANDERSON in 1/6th is a bolt from the blue.
I think she was suggested if sales of the original 1/6th line went well ( Tharg, Mongrol etc.).
My preference would be 1/12th, as I don't see "bang for your buck" in 3A 1/6.
Purchased 1/12 MORTIS, DREDD + LAWMASTER at around the price of a single 1/6 DREDD.
The Big Boys 1/6th offerings have fabric/functional pouches, loaded with iconic accessories.
Recently purchased a Sideshow PUNISHER for $220 rrp + $30 shipping/postage (avoided tax/duties).
1/6 DREDD with a few accessories and molded belt/pouches (no boot-knife) $200 with postage  :o.

With the price I think a big thing is they are selling less so it has to be priced more as it is a much smaller fan base then say the sideshow Punisher. Sideshow is a much bigger company and the Punisher is much more popular so they will sell more so it can be cheaper. With 3A they are a small company selling a very niche product to a small audience.

lincnash

I don't really follow the hype of 3A being a "small player, punching above their weight".
They have the finances to pay for licenses on Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel, Rebellion etc.
Toy companies are as secretive as the SJS, 3A and Sideshow are probably not that far apart.
Look at all the monthly, pre-orders (across various lines) from each company.

I thought PUNISHER was a good example.
An almost niche, non-superhero character in the Marvel Universe.
Most U.S. superhero fans either love or hate him (usually the latter).
I doubt he has as much interest as a Spidey or Wolvie.
But definitely more recognition than DREDD.

Remove the "Worldwide Shipping included" and drop the price.
Set 1/6 DREDD at say $170 and post is extra.
If I order 2, charge actual post/handling so I get a postage discount.
They are making profit on the figure AND postage.
2016, Pre-ordered MORTIS and FEAR 2 months apart, but sent together with no post discount.
I see the 1/12 figures as a $45 figure with $20 International postage.
"Worldwide Shipping included" is as much a rip-off as Ebay Global Shipping scam.

I'm probably in the minority, but drop the many pairs of hands.
A decent "generic" pair that can hold, gun, daystick and Lawmaster handles.
It's like the bathwater drinkers say "We charge so much, throw in some hands so it looks like good value".
Maybe they are going against the 3A hype "different than the big boys".
Just following them with many pairs of hands because a good generic pair is too hard.

lincnash

Enough bleating about the price of Drokkin' good toys...
...back to the childish fun they provide a grown man. :P

Dash Decent

Quote from: Mikey on 27 February, 2017, 08:20:53 AM
Just seen online that Anderson will be the next 1/6

1/6 Dredd, 1/6 Anderson... a 1/6 Death must be on the cards somewhere.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll