Main Menu

Was there ANY news of the Dredd movie at Bristol??

Started by Buddy, 17 May, 2011, 05:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

Quote from: mogzilla on 24 May, 2011, 07:10:53 PM
Quote from: Michaelvk on 24 May, 2011, 03:09:26 PM
I must say, even for me it's fading rapidly from my memory.. That was until I A: opened a removal box the other day and found my souvenir, and B: put on a fresh shirt this morning with a massive Dredd logo in it..

I must admit though, even for the Transformer movies they seem pretty okay with stuff leaking out from a ridiculously early stage.. There's no such thing as bad publicity.
any chance of a pic?

Been there, done that, got my walking papers..

I'd agree with Joe.. Effectively as much money as they can get their grubby paws on..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

mogzilla

what they even ban you from showing the logo? does that mean you cant wear the shirt in public ...surely not! :o

DKCX

Jeez, I've been busy in recent months with work, impending marriage and a baby and when I come back the DREDD publicity machine is all but ground to a halt. Even if it didn't start. I think the fans made a great contribution to getting DREDD noticed, otherwise no one would have a clue about the movie.
I know they want to keep things under wraps, but this quiet???
I have every confidence we get a cracker of a movie, but the PR campaign is a huge letdown.
I think Matt Smith should have kept quiet about the Anderson pictures as I believed that we'd get to see them. It was a huge anti-climax for me and many others on the forum.   :|
It served no one and all it did was fuel more hype and eventual disappointment.
Hope the DREDD campaign starts soon.

JOE SOAP

As has all ready been mentioned in this thread, it's not out till next year. Dredd is a lesser known character, an image or two won't really create a huge buzz like Batman which is a vehicle that practically markets itself with little effort. One image transmits to 1000's of sites within a day. Dredd needs a concentrated campaign.

Michaelvk

Quote from: mogzilla on 24 May, 2011, 10:29:04 PM
what they even ban you from showing the logo? does that mean you cant wear the shirt in public ...surely not! :o

The shirts are a different story, as other than the logo, there's nothing on it that has anything to do about the movie.. That and the crew would revolt if they didn't get their freebies..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..