Main Menu

Dredd at San Diego Comic Con?

Started by Dreddzilla, 14 June, 2011, 12:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaky Smoochies

I actually meant that I hoped Dredd would give the Donner Superman movie "a run for it's money" in terms of quality for a comic-book adaptation, not in terms of box-office, which, considering Dredd himself is a relatively obscure (outside the U.K. and Ireland) character, plus the fact that it's likely to be a very adult R-rated movie, it's pretty certain it won't make as much as Superman- even when adjusted for inflation.

In regards to the whole 'turning back time' paradox in the 1978 movie, I always thought that Supes turned back time to re-do his attempts to restore order following the nuclear missile-caused earthquake, he basically did everything again you saw him do first time, but because he knew what he did wrong the first time, he was able to do it right second time out- including making sure the fault line didn't reach Lois this time, which would explain why her car was never buried after Supes turned back time... phew, I hope that clears things up somewhat, I'm off for a lie down, my head hurts and I'm feeling a little dizzy, goodnight gracie...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Angry Vince

Yeah, at least Dredd never did a time travel story, anyone with bionic eyes knows that.
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Steve Green

It's more the Deux Ex Machina aspect.

There is the line from Brando about interfering in human history, but being able to fly really quick and reverse time comes a bit out of nowhere...

City of the Damned has time-travel from the off.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Angry Vince on 22 June, 2011, 06:53:02 AM
Yeah, at least Dredd never did a time travel story, anyone with bionic eyes knows that.

The point is not whether or not time travel was involved but that dramatically something so extraordinary was introduced out-of-nowhere (never having been mentioned/set-up in the world of the film before as being possible) and just utilised as a device to merely resurrect a 'known' comic character. It made what had happened previously pointless/worthless and diffused the drama. It's the equivalent of pulling a gun out of thin air, lazy storytelling.

At least in Dredd, they were Time Travel stories from the beginning and were set-up from the start as that.

CraveNoir

Lena Headey will be at Comic Con promoting "Game of Thrones" on Thursday 21st July.

Psidude

Dont think there wiil be much on show at comic con,Lionsgate will be at the empire big screen show at the 02 on the 12-14 of august could be a teaser trailer then fingers crossed!

dracula1

It a big event to miss out promoting at, . . . . equals a loss in promo $$$$ not to even highlight a potential big movie coming out next year surely?!

Stan

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 20 June, 2011, 05:53:16 AM
However it turns out, it can't be much worse than Bryan Singer's snooze-fest Superman Returns, I mean, Singer said if he had to do it again, he'd just remake Donner's timeless 1978 movie... words fail me...

Interesting..

I don't mind waiting but a pic of Anderson would be nice.

dracula1

Ditto on the Anderson Picture! . . .  and it better be a good quality one, not some blurry out of focus, emerging from the shadows, 1 megapixel rubbish!

norse_sage

Quote from: Psidude on 14 July, 2011, 07:18:56 PM
Dont think there wiil be much on show at comic con,Lionsgate will be at the empire big screen show at the 02 on the 12-14 of august could be a teaser trailer then fingers crossed!

Possibly - and that teaser could be attached to Conan, opening the 19th of August.
Caters to an overlapping audience and all. But honestly, I doubt will see much this side of 2012.

CraveNoir

Steve Green

CF would not approve of the way the gun's being pointed :D

PlanetReplicas

I must point out the suffering for His Art that the Molcher Droid has undergone to be masquerading as Dredd at SDCC, namely the loss of metallic growth on said Droids Chin, and bartering his spare droid parts with US customs in order to get the Lawgiver through US Customs.
That awkward walk isnt just from the boots, I'll have you know.

www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

JOE SOAP

Shouldn't you be sculpting figures or something, instead of chattering on the web-o-tron...? Lay-about.

PlanetReplicas

#Ducks head and get back to pushing clay#
www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas