Main Menu

"Anthology" from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design

Started by Emperor, 03 March, 2012, 05:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Not just a comics creating course, but a comic:

QuoteDue out later this month is the first issue of a new comics series, Anthology, published under the new UniVerse imprint, which will showcase the best creative work that is emerging from the new comics courses at the University of Dundee and Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design.

Dundee has long been a haven for comics creation due largely to the city being home to DC Thomson. However in recent years the University of Dundee and its related colleges, specifically Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design (DJCAD), have been taking more of an interest in comics creation due in no small part to Dr Chris Murray of the University's School of Humanities. This has lead to various comic art exhibitions, often in association with DC Thomson, and the annual Dundee Comics Day, a full day of talks from a wide variety of British comics creators, as part of the Dundee Literary Festival.

And it gets better:

QuoteWith a cover by DJCAD alumnus Colin MacNeil

Colin king of covers!!

Sounds like they've got some top pros pitching in:

QuoteChris Murray is course leader of the Comics Studies MLitt at the university and director of the newly formed Scottish Centre for Comics Studies and helped to deliver the course. Chris said, "It is an exciting time for Comics Studies at Dundee, and the DJCAD module has been even more successful than we'd hoped - the results are impressive, and the students clearly benefited from workshops with industry professionals such as Frank Quitely, Cam Kennedy, Colin MacNeil and others".

But where will it be on sale?

QuoteAnthology One will be available at the Hi-Ex comics convention in Inverness on Saturday 31 March and Sunday 1 April.

Ah ha.

http://downthetubescomics.blogspot.com/2012/03/anthology-one-due-from-dundees.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

TordelBack

Dunno, sounds pretty parochial, locally-biased stuff.   ;)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 March, 2012, 06:09:55 PM
Dunno, sounds pretty parochial, locally-biased stuff.   ;)

Heh...

It'll be on sale at Hi-Ex!, by the way.

Trout

I AM HORRIFIED BY THIS DEVELOPMENT AND I BELIEVE IT WILL DESTROY THE UNION OF THE CROWNS.

THOSE SCOTS WILL NEVER SURVIVE WITH PRECIOUS FEW BAWBEES IN THEIR SPORRANS.

By the way, it's available at Hi-Ex. ;)