Main Menu

New Comic Book Day Megathread

Started by The Adventurer, 08 March, 2012, 09:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Lake of Fire and Black Hammer are my comic picks (excluding some great books I worked on) of 2016. Just FANTASTIC comic book work.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

BPP

Both of Jims picks are great comics, but the art on Black Hammer deserves special praise - it just exudes a sadness and melancholy in its line work, panel framing, colour and characterisation that sells the story from the very first page. On the whole I've less than no interest in spandex stories but this is one very rare exception. It's a fantastic comic.

Stray Bullets - The Goddamed - Americian Monster - Providence - Lady Killer and Black Road would be my other picks of the very best of the year. Many other great comics out there tho.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Link Prime

I'm already aware that I've missed out on Black Hammer, but will now seek out Lake of Fire too, based on comments on this thread.
First Lake of Fire collection is out Feb 22nd. I assume the 1st Black Hammer trade is due soonish too.

Picks of 2016 for me were Ragnarok, Providence and AD: After Death.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 10 January, 2017, 12:09:25 PM

First Lake of Fire collection is out Feb 22nd....

Picks of 2016 for me were Ragnarok, Providence and AD: After Death.

Alas Lake of Fire was just a mini and so that first trade will be all we get.

My picks of 2016 would be:

Lake of Fire, Black Hammer and the above mentioned Ragnarok.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 10 January, 2017, 12:28:16 PM

Alas Lake of Fire was just a mini and so that first trade will be all we get.

Cheers Colin.
To be honest, a quality mini series will do just nicely for me.

Smith

A touching tribute from Sixpack and Dogwelder #6.

Hawkmumbler

'Looks at ever increasing pile of comics'

'Looks at last time I visited this thread'

I need a week off sometime...

Pegasus P Artichoke

A good week for comics

Hillbilly 5 came out, really enjoying this series and Eric Powells art work is fantastic...I am thinking of tracking  down some of The Goon trades because of it

Animosity The Rise a spin off from another series that I am really enjoying about animals and how the react after the wake

The Dreggs is a new series from Black Mask studios about homeless people disappearing, first issue was captivating  and really well done going to  grab the second issue

Lady Castle is another new series and I really enjoyed this, love the idea and the concept of the wives looking after a medieval castle, another one to add to the collection
We'll give them back their heroes

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Pegasus P Artichoke on 26 January, 2017, 08:20:54 PM
Lady Castle is another new series and I really enjoyed this, love the idea and the concept of the wives looking after a medieval castle, another one to add to the collection

Wahey! One of mine! :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Hillbilly 5 came out, really enjoying this series and Eric Powells art work is fantastic...I am thinking of tracking  down some of The Goon trades because of it

Yeah lovin' Hillbilly and picked up issue 5 today. Funnily enough I'm reading the first 40 odd issues of the Goon as well, which I picked up a while ago in a Dark Horse Digital Sale and I have to say it bloomin' magnificent stuff. Nothing deep or anything but really funny, good honest fun in a well I just love to explore in.

Pegasus P Artichoke

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 January, 2017, 08:24:52 PM

Wahey! One of mine! :-)

It's a good one my friend, I shall be picking up the second issue so keep up the fine work

Pegasus P Artichoke

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 January, 2017, 10:26:34 PM

Yeah lovin' Hillbilly and picked up issue 5 today. Funnily enough I'm reading the first 40 odd issues of the Goon as well, which I picked up a while ago in a Dark Horse Digital Sale and I have to say it bloomin' magnificent stuff. Nothing deep or anything but really funny, good honest fun in a well I just love to explore in.

I am currently reading Judge Dredd Case Files Vol 2, so once I finish that I am going for The Goon, sounds like it will be a good one

Hawkmumbler

Aye, I freaking adore The Goon and miss it something terrible, but Hillbilly fills the whole in my heart much the same.
I'm does, however, lack one thing The Goon had. Franky.

"Goon! Save me! They keep jumping up and down and droping things and picking the. Up and play fighting and acting like they're going to touch me but dont AND I CANT TAKES IT ANY MORE GOON!!!!"

Greg M.

Nothing deep or anything but really funny, good honest fun in a well I just love to explore in.

Got to the Aunt Kizzie backstory issue yet? One of the very best single issues of The Goon, and quite different in tone: I might have had something in my eye reading that one...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 27 January, 2017, 09:44:35 AM
Nothing deep or anything but really funny, good honest fun in a well I just love to explore in.

Got to the Aunt Kizzie backstory issue yet? One of the very best single issues of The Goon, and quite different in tone: I might have had something in my eye reading that one...

No yet.

Anyway has The Spirit - Corpse-maker come out and I've missed it. Can't find it in the wild but seems to be out?