Main Menu

DREDD - THE SEQUEL

Started by Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty), 09 July, 2012, 09:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Dredd 2 - The sequel.
Here is my overview of events which could feature in the next film. it is a loose interpretation of events but I feel there is a bit of substance here and could work. But what works in comics doesn't necessarily work in film.

• PSI Division report Apocalypse coming (leads into DREDD 3 - Dark Judges)
  • Judge Child Quest begins.
    • Dredd picks team (RICO, Lopez, Anderson(?) plus 3 other Judges (lesser know ones who will be killed).
    • Dredd and the team encounter President Booth (with snap,crackle and pop and the other robots) on their travels in the first encounter.
      • Dredd journeys to Texas City where he finds out that a man called Prosser in a township called Ab has the whereabouts of the Judge Child.
      • Prosser victim of the Jigsaw Disease sees Lopez killed (sacrificed) in order to obtain information the Angel Gang have Owen Krysler (Judge Child) and have him in the Mutie Township of Xanadu.
        • Team stumbleupon Fargoville. Dredd finds Eustace Fargo and some of his past.Possibly encounter Tweak being held by Mutie/Alien offworld Slavers.
        • Angel Gang member Fink kills off one of the Judges but inadvertently leads the Team to Angel Gang. Fink escapes.
          • Judges find the Angel Gang only to see they have already fled. Dredd sees the boy and sees only evil leaves the boy where he is.
          • Dredd sends a message back to MC-1 where he recieves confirmation the Dark Judges are already reaking havoc.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Beaky Smoochies

If Dredd gets a sequel greenlit, and Alex Garland goes ahead with the 'Origins'/Cursed Earth story, would it be like The Godfather Part II, in that it will be both a sequel (Dredd venturing out into the Cursed Earth on a mission) and a prequel (the origins of the Big Meg, the judicial system, and Dredd himself)?  If so, that's going to require a substantial budget, even if shot in South Africa, maybe around the $60m mark at least...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

judgefloyd

You're right Kowalsky that what works in comics doesn't always work in films.  My favourite example of this is the character The Russian in the godawful Punisher movie.  In the comic he's fun and a bit scary.  In the movie he's just damned silly, like giving a movie Superman blue hair.
  Personally I  think The Pit would make a great movie, perhaps only requiring taking out the crazed bongo-drummer guy.