Main Menu

The Walking Dead Comic thread

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2012, 06:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

I'm still in (just) but I'm a filthy Trade Waiter so waiting on Volume 26.

Negan is miles better as an internal threat (so to speak) than he was as an external threat.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 24 August, 2016, 12:22:24 PM
I'm still in (just) but I'm a filthy Trade Waiter so waiting on Volume 26.

Negan is miles better as an internal threat (so to speak) than he was as an external threat.

Haha wait til you see what he gets up to as an internal threat!
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

So finished Compendium 1 and right off the bat I will be looking out for compendiums 2 and 3 when Image next has a sale.#

I've struggled getting into Walking Dead in the past and while it looks great Robert Kirklands story leaves a lot to be desired. Its full of so many moments, like in many horror movies, when you find yourself screaming at the cast wondering why they are making the decisions they are. It can leave you asghast as the zombies (roamers, biters, whatever) change the way the operate, or appear purely to drive the plot, but based on any sort consistent behaviour patterns. Just like many horror movie beasties. The script can be ladden with many heavy handed, 'clever' bits of dialogue which come across as meaning to clear and insightful but are a little obvious and naff in reality, again comparible to da movies.

But like many horror movies for all its faults if the tension is handled well with at least some characters you engage with and care about it will keep you entertained. And that's just what these 48(ish) issues do. It was a page turner like few others. It has an almost unlimited supply of conflicit and edge of the seat moments. Its not afraid of killing folk off in keeping with its settingand as such the bulit in tension has real consequence. Which makes it really work well.

I've never read a Dan Brown book but given what my wife said when she did I image this is a similar experience. Its dumb fun... but then I'm a bit dumb and like fun, finally I'll be back for more after so many aborted attempts to try getting into this series which I always felt should be right up my street.

Satanist

Latest issue - shit just got real!

Its been in a bit of a lull for a while but I'm really enjoying this run and never tire of Negans over the top inventive sweariness.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Goaty

Proudhuff

Excellent fun, you do feel that the entire cast (almost) could be eradicated, there are a fair few already purged in this comic and I get the feeling Alexandria and its satellites ( friendly or not) are in for a severe gubbing... foreshadowing much mayhem and madness yah!!   
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

New issue #163 is free today at Forbidden Planet.

Proudhuff

Picked up mine and a right good issue too, Oor Charlie does a fine job, with be nice seeing him at the 40th Party... might finally get that sketch I want  :think:
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Doh! ( not Boo! Dunk) Couldn't find my blank TWD cover to take to the 40th.

Still The fall of [spoiler]Alexandria[/spoiler] and the rise of the Negan[spoiler]/Rick[/spoiler] tag team is edge of the seat stuff, and two issues a month, no wonder Charlie keeps reusing the same headshots  ;) :D
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 February, 2017, 06:30:46 PM
no wonder Charlie keeps reusing the same headshots  ;) :D

... he's never reused the one he did for me in the Omnibus he flogged me!  Astonishing to watch the man draw it from scratch in the space of a few minutes.  Totally awestruck.  Another fan had asked him to redo the Tony Stark 'Demon in a Bottle' cover.  Staggering stuff.

Proudhuff

To be fair, I think he's simply staring at Negan and not responding rather that any lack of gumption on Charlie part, and it works! you do get the picture( ::)) that Rick is unmoved.
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

For some unknown reason I had 3 issues of this to pick up at FP at the weekend  :o

last issue...fuuuuuuck!

Colin YNWA

Isn't it running twice a month or some such at the moment?

Satanist

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 March, 2017, 01:05:52 PM

I think so but still no idea how I missed 3 issues  :o

old age I suppose  :lol:

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 13 March, 2017, 05:09:05 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 March, 2017, 01:05:52 PM

I think so but still no idea how I missed 3 issues  :o

old age I suppose  :lol:

All is revealed in the Letters page, its the 25 birthday of Image, or some such, I was too busy enjoying reading letters without the worry of Butt'man appearing.  ;)
DDT did a job on me