Main Menu

Amazing Experience!

Started by Kanoobi, 26 September, 2012, 06:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanoobi

I've only just had the ability to post on this section of the forums, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on the Dredd film.

I saw it on the first showing of the day, on it's first day of release, I won't bore you with a review as such, but suffice to say from the moment Dredd replied with a "No!" when offered backup, I was just sucked in to another world. So many moments had me grinning like a Cheshire cat, while tapping my feet to the throbbing music. It was also my first modern 3D film having usually opted for the 2D screening, I had to see Dredd in 3D, and drokk was I glad I had to. Simply stunning, along with the slow motion sequences and buzzing soundtrack it was totally captivating. The visuals, the acting, the audio, the Dreddness, all of it made for one of the most exciting cinema experiences I have ever had. I can honestly say I haven't been so drawn into a film at the cinema since I first saw the Tantive IV being pursued by an Imperial Star Destroyer as it gracefully filled the screen with it's immense presence, many Moons ago in a cinema far, far away.

I found the ending to be quite moving, after Anderson hands Dredd his badge, the way Dredd looks at Anderson, then back at the badge in his hand, wiping it with his thumb, then another quick glance back at Anderson. It seemed Dredd had experienced a new thing, a new way of looking at citizens and also with the administration of the law through his experience with Cass and had admiration for her. Maybe the look on his face provided by Karl Urban's facial acting wasn't meant to be too emotional, but to me it looked like Dredd was really going through an enlightening stage. In terms of the film of course.

Anyway, loved the film and can't wait for the DVD. Patiently waiting for Amazon to let me know it is available!  :)

judge devs

Quote from: Kanoobi on 26 September, 2012, 06:41:58 PM
Anyway, loved the film and can't wait for the DVD. Patiently waiting for Amazon to let me know it is available!  :)

Nice post, and I agree with all of that apart from one thing.

You'll probably find out here first and not Amazon  ;)

Kanoobi

Thanks. Lol yea you are right. I set up an email notification for the DVD on Amazon so I know when it's in stock, but to be honest I'll probably be buying it from the closest outlet as soon as I hear it's available lol.

painbros22

Generally Amazon can be slow with release dates, think the news will break here first, still have a login on blockbusters system where i used to be manager so ill check that out in a month.

Kanoobi

Nice one! No date announced yet but I've seen estimates for January.

SmallBlueThing

I really really really really like your sig. Don't see that logo enough these days!

SBT

painbros22

Yeah your sig is awesome Kanoobi, make me one pretty please, my photoshopping skill amounts to making tits bigger.

Kanoobi

Thanks SBT :)
Lol cheers Painbros. I could have a bash at making one for you.