Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Is it bad that I was hoping for pics from the weekend with a few 2K creators in the backgrounds?

Tjm86

Interesting to note that in some of the photos from the weekend where you do appear the head is tilted at the same angle and with the same grin.  Has it now frozen in place?

Dandontdare

Quote from: Buttonman on 16 February, 2017, 03:37:09 PM
When two maybe three unknown to me boarders approached me to say hello at the 40th Birthday event I knew it had to go on. "It's the only thing worth reading on the message board they cried" and who can argue with that?

Shouldn't that be: "[when I repeatedly insisted that] it's the only thing worth reading on the message board, they cried"

Buttonman

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 February, 2017, 03:47:45 PM
Is it bad that I was hoping for pics from the weekend with a few 2K creators in the backgrounds?

Patience Young Dave, we still have a trip to Edinburgh, a nice out with the wife and a couple of funeral wakes to get through first!

Buttonman

Back in September we had our jabs and headed east to Edinburgh for an anniversary night away - 10 years! My wondeful wife got us tickets for Joan Collins where the great lady told us lots of tales about taking her clothes off and William Shatner.

We lunched at a place called 'The Cellar Door' it was very nice and had a great selection of craft beers. My Tripadvisor review is HERE!

Haggis wrapped in oats. Tasty!

Haggis stovies with grilled chicken.

After the lovely Joan we went to a nice Italian, Ciao Roma on spec. It was a good pick as my pasta was great :

Old Tankie

None of the restaurants you go to seem very busy.

Tjm86

I was going to say, judging by the first photo, that this had to be a fake.  The head angle was completely wrong.  Then I saw the other two photos and a sense of relief washed over me.   ::)

Buttonman

Let's get this thread bang up to date by having a look at some recent dinners. We stayed in an all inclusive hotel in Fuertoventura - but don't panic! We did break out of the compound to sample some local  eating spots and the buffet did change a bit each day.

We arrived at tea time and the abundance of food on offer made me panic and get this dog's breakfast of a starter - chicken wings, cheese, some salad and some mystery blobs. Yum yum yum.

The glazed expression give tribute to the bottomless red wine. This is another mish-mash of potato slices, some Chinese chicken and some chips with curry. All food groups covered!

After three buffet nights we found a local Italian and enjoyed a lovely pizza - check the chilies on that Divalo!

Jim_Campbell

At some point, the title of this thread will change to "Who I ate On My Holidays" and Buttonman will be revealed in all his Lecter-esque glory, and we'll be begging him not to post more photos.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Buttonman on 03 March, 2017, 08:27:03 PM
The glazed expression give tribute to the bottomless red wine. pizza - check the chilies on that Divalo!

For those avid Buttonman-meal followers who find this variation in expression and head angle disturbing or unsettling, I fear it may be time to repost my handy guide:

Tjm86

Please also pay attention to skin coloration and the pursing of the lips.

:o 

Buttonman

Shut it you lot! (Big love really!)

After a tough night on the Cava this bleary individual tried to make amends with some pink great pink grapefruit slices and yogurt. Carefully stolen bananas lie in wait.

Oh no it's all went wrong with a fry up! Well kind of - chorizo sausages and a cheese croquette aren't really fry up material, but as my admirer who looks on is probably thinking 'eat any old crap and get a lining in your stomach'.

I should also point out that these photos were taken at an unusual angle as the table was set at 12 and 3 rather than at 6 and 12 and the wife wouldn't get away from her fried eggs to take the correct pose.

Dandontdare

Buttonman

The classy hotel we stayed at usually had a special on - normally I couldn't be bothered waiting for a bit of carvery pork but on this night I made an exception. Yes, they wheeled in a donner kebab machine and I feasted heartily - surprisingly there was no queue! No spicy sauce so I had to make do with a day-glo orange cheese one instead.

We normally took lunch at the hotel snack bar where you could plunder guilt free nuggets and pizza slices. On this day however we went to the main restaurant and the pudding offering was buckets of jelly sweets! I sampled many. I recommend a nice red Burgundy to go with watermelon Haribo.

Buttonman

Trying to develop a new signature move here a la Zoolander's Magnum. This was our second foray out of the hotel compound to the only Indian in the town. We were the only punters in here and I worried after the food when the waiter talker me out both a lamb and chicken tikka starter in favour of these lamb samosas. Thankfully they were OK but a bit dry for my refined tastes.

Don't you hate it when you are readying your foodie face and the waiter rushes over to take your picture? - totally ruined the moment!

The waiter (who was probably also the owner and possibly chef) talked us into his 30 euro tandoori special. It was very nice although the wife only ate one of the two giant prawns as the first one was a bit suspect. The lamb, chicken, beef and sausage bits were all great but the pick o the bunch was the Bombay aloo.