Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

True, but there is the possiblity that there is stuff that could have gone in but dropped to make room for both versions on the single disc to keep costs down.

Thought I heard about things being recorded after the film release, but may be mistaken.

dracula1

Alot of the general audience do think it matters that the film should have been released at Crimbo (I agree), it's these people that will help pump up the much needed profit levels through dvd / Bluray sales. As for the overall PR on the whole Dredd 3D movie it's been appaulling in the extreme (the creative team did their bit brilliantly though  :D).

radiator

Then you'd run into the same issues that meant Dredd didn't get a summer release - the market is too crowded with the likes of Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus, Spider-Man etc etc etc for a movie like Dredd to make an impact.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Is it the same people in charge of distributing the film in cinemas that are in charge of the dvd/blu ray? And are they in charge of it forever, or can someone else do a special edition at a later date?

Steve Green

Same company different division (in the UK)

Entertainment in video has the UK rights, and their theatrical division had the cinema distribution in the UK.

Lionsgate had the theatrical in the US, not sure who's handling the US Home Video releases.

You occasionally get companies like Criterion doing special editions, but not sure if Dredd is special enough for that - mind you they did a Criterion edition of The Rock and Robocop... so who knows.

MR. ELIMINATOR

A criterion one would be cool. Though probably wouldn't be done for ages. I think it fits into their style enough.

It's good, independent, got a cult following, probably quite obscure to the average joe. Maybe not arty enough for them but then the slow-mo I think could be classed as arty.

Can people send them suggestions of what they want to see in the collection?

Steve Green

Spikes

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 18 December, 2012, 10:52:15 PM
A criterion one would be cool. Though probably wouldn't be done for ages. I think it fits into their style enough.

Would Criterion be interested in doing a release for a low-ish budget Brit niche drama with no real big names attatched that features a hard to understand, and often misunderstood lead character?

See you all in about 2042 then,  ;)

Stan

I'm not sure how similar the DVD version will be but I ted to place slightly more importance on sound rather than picture quality. Just a few more weeks to go now.

Bat King

I for one really liked the fact some fans got the advance screening. OK I was one of them but I woulda liked that even if I hadn't been.

I'll be buying it on blu-ray.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

dweezil2

Quote from: dracula1 on 18 December, 2012, 06:06:29 PM
By Grud! those PR moneys have fucked up our fantastic movie big style. Alot of hacked off fans and potential Dredd3D dvd / Bluray customers on social networking sites are pissed off about it not getting a release for Christmas ( . . . and now only skin and bone extra's?!).

I very much doubt the release date will influence someone's decision to buy the film.

Besides, I've waited 35 years for a decent Judge Dredd film, I can wait another 3 weeks!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

radiator

To be honest, the only extras I tend to watch are the really high end ones that have a lot of content - The Lord of the Rings, The Alien Anthology etc.

The only thing that would really get me interested would be a substantial making of documentary (at least an hour long) and that's unlikely to happen now as it would have had to be made alongside the film.

Apestrife

Anyone heard a complaint about the 2d when it was screening in theaters (should be the same version)?

Stan

Good luck finding someone who saw one of those. They no doubt rode to the cinema on a unicorn.

James Stacey

Quote from: Apestrife on 19 December, 2012, 03:10:37 PM
Anyone heard about anyone finding the film in 2d when it was screening in theaters (should be the same version)?

FTFY