Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Goaty

I, Cosh

In a very similar vein, there's a DC sale on Comixology where you can get all of the above, Watchmen, V, first volumes of almost any Vertigo series and a host of others for £2.99 a pop.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Goaty

Hehe! Will do. Is Batman: Hush good? Looks like most action??

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Goaty on 29 December, 2014, 12:21:35 AM
Hehe! Will do. Is Batman: Hush good? Looks like most action??

The short answer is no.

The list you gave before included some solid gold classics - Killing Joke, DKR, Year One. I'd stick with those.

Colin YNWA

All Star Superman as well is quite superb. Have to say I generally avoid Loebs and Jim Lee's work so can't comment on Hush.

Bolt-01

Hush is worth reading if you get it cheap- though it is painfully obvious what is going on.

I've taken a punt on the Long Halloween from this sale as I'd never read that and like a bit of Tim Sale art.

Goaty

I got Batman Dark Victory, and love it! Realise it's sequel to The Long Halloween, happy to got it now in bargins!

chris_askham

I picked up Hush, Earth One and Batman Eternal vol 1 (when it was going cheap). Hush was against my better judgment, as I found Long Halloween extremely tedious, but Earth One looks nice. Batman Eternal is quite enjoyable so far (two issues in).

The Adventurer

For less then 20 American Dollars you can get more Image comics then you might be literally able to shake a stick at.

Humble Image Comics Bundle 2

Seriously, there is some INSANE value here. And MORE comics will be added to to bundle latter. !!!

And they are giving away free comics every day.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

amines2058

Just purchased. Saw the mail and could not say no. 170+ comics for about £12  :D

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Yeah there's a few there that look worth a try and maybe it'll encourage me to give Walking Dead an extended try, which I've failed to do before as I find it well.... not that good... art aside that is.

I, Cosh

Yeah, that's a pretty ludicrous deal. I was planning to try The Wicked + The Divine anyway so it's basically a fiver for everything else.
We never really die.