Main Menu

The Dredd Project

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 02 May, 2013, 11:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookyman

Give Karl Urban a shout - see if he'll do the voice for you.  No harm in asking!
Choc chip goodness.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Minty on 03 May, 2013, 10:35:24 AM
We this require CF to do multiple studio sessions in costume 'for reference images'?

I hope they include an unshaven futsie in red-shorts.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Cookyman on 03 May, 2013, 04:57:18 PM
Give Karl Urban a shout - see if he'll do the voice for you.  No harm in asking!

I was going to ask how much we have to chip in to get Toby Longworth to do the voice.

Is there anything we can do to help support the project? And (jumping the gun by a long way), can the sequel please be the Tharg hosted cartoon anthology idea?

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

I can't see a "Contact us" on the website so I'll mention it here - small typo under Project/History:
"The primary players in this project are huge Dreddheads and have been since they picked up there very first copy of 2000ad..."

"There" should be "their".
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

COMMANDO FORCES

We know about those bits, as was said in the podcast that was going live this week but someone decided to search it out and post the link up, as should have been anticipated.
Once it goes properly live all those things will be sorted, hopefully :-\

Steve Green

It's a thankless task doing PR, eh John?

:lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

JOE SOAP

Now you know how Molcher feels.

COMMANDO FORCES

And the culprit says hello :lol:

Bubba Zebill

This is really great news and the best medium for a film Dredd. I've been thinking about an animated Dredd a lot this last few months and have produced a few test clips for my own interest. So good luck, this is a really great thing! (...and sketch 3 is a perfect for animation...just the right balance of details and character.)
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

blackmocco

Yeah, it'll probably end up being something very close to #3, alright. It's a big challenge to decide upon which style to use. Everyone has a different one they like. I'd love a huge clumpy McMahon/McCarthy style but it's too much to ask of artists to replicate that for one drawing every 1/12th of a second. In saying that though, as much as possible, I'd also like to avoid making it the typical American action show style so somewhere in the middle where it's still animatable (is that a word...?) and feasible to get done.

Just so you all know, Rich has written a fantastic script that perfectly captures the more whimsical and madcap aspects of life in Mega City One but rest assured by the end of it, lots of people have died horrible and hilarious deaths as The Law is upheld in rigorous fashion. Just the way we like it.

Also, just to remind anyone who hasn't worked in the animation industry - Animation can be a pretty slow and arduous process. There's a LOT of work to put in before there's anything concrete to show so be patient. We'll keep you updated as it happens.

I love the idea of a 2000ad-themed anthology further down the road (Nemesis, ABC Warriors, Slaine and Strontium Dog all spring to mind) but let's just get this one under our belt first and see what the future holds.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Steve Green on 03 May, 2013, 11:16:45 AM
Just rotoscope him ;)
That is not true animation! 'breaths into paper bag'
I have an inate distaste for rotoscope. I guess it's OK for student project on a budget, but real men animate from memory dammit, with visual references!

Moaning out of the way
, i'm stoked for this. Really excited as i've always felt Dredd would transfer well to the animated medium. Looking forward to updates. :D

Frank

Quote from: blackmocco on 05 May, 2013, 04:43:44 PM
Also, just to remind anyone who hasn't worked in the animation industry - Animation can be a pretty slow and arduous process. There's a LOT of work to put in before there's anything concrete to show so be patient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YlEpI00ouU

radiator

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 05 May, 2013, 05:01:16 PM
Just rotoscope him ;)
I have an inate distaste for rotoscope. I guess it's OK for student project on a budget, but real men animate from memory dammit, with visual references!

Moaning out of the way
, i'm stoked for this. Really excited as i've always felt Dredd would transfer well to the animated medium. Looking forward to updates. :D

Bit of an unfair generalisation - the early Disney films used rotoscoping. I think they count as 'true animation'.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: radiator on 05 May, 2013, 05:08:17 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 05 May, 2013, 05:01:16 PM
Just rotoscope him ;)

Moaning out of the way

Bit of an unfair generalisation - the early Disney films used rotoscoping. I think they count as 'true animation'.
Apples and Oranges. Just my two pence. ;)