Main Menu

That gum you like is going to come back in style -

Started by JOE SOAP, 15 May, 2014, 11:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well more, moe Twin Peaks can only be a good thing.

Link Prime

Link Prime

It's slightly surreal sitting back with a (damn mediocre) cup of coffee and watching new episodes of Twin Peaks.
Nothing like I expected it to be, but I don't really know what I expected to be honest.
3 episodes in, and it's very Coop centric, with the wolfish 'Evil Coop' stealing the show so far.

Very watchable stuff.

JOE SOAP

Frost & Lynch waste no time in getting right back into the groove while furrowing a few new ones. Watched the first 4 eps and loving it so far. Safe to say anyone who's not entirely into it, or watched the previous instalments, will probably be gone within the first hour as there's no effort to try and seduce a new audience. It's the same funny and weird Twin Peaks only bigger and beyond what was reasonably expected.

Link Prime

Quote from: Frank on 04 October, 2014, 09:19:25 AM

That would be brilliant, but how are they going to explain how Kyle McLachlan looked better in aging make-up 25 years ago than he does now? (snaps fingers then dances backwards out of frame)

How wrong could you have been, Frank?

blackmocco

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 23 May, 2017, 12:10:57 AM
Frost & Lynch waste no time in getting right back into the groove while furrowing a few new ones. Watched the first 4 eps and loving it so far. Safe to say anyone who's not entirely into it, or watched the previous instalments, will probably be gone within the first hour as there's no effort to try and seduce a new audience. It's the same funny and weird Twin Peaks only bigger and beyond what was reasonably expected.

Agreed. Twin Peaks has influenced so many fantastic shows since it disappeared that my biggest concern was would it still seem relevant? Would it still have a place twenty five years later? A resounding yes. I'm loving it.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

JOE SOAP

PsychoGoatee

This is amazing. Lynch has still got it, this is like a combination of the styles his movies like Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway etc, plus it's Twin Peaks. Really really wild stuff, just the way I wanted it! Great compelling out there stuff, done in the way that only Lynch can do.

It's new Twin Peaks, and nice to have Mark Frost co-writing, and it's also like one big David Lynch movie, which is very very nice.

Link Prime

Held out hope for a new episode this week, but alas not.
In this era of one billion distractions, I did the unthinkable and re-watched the first 4 episodes to tide me over.

One thing I noticed this time- that didn't seem to be Garmonbozia that "Dougie" puked up before [spoiler]being sucked into the Lodge[/spoiler].

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Link Prime on 31 May, 2017, 10:19:10 AM
Held out hope for a new episode this week, but alas not.

No, Showtime seemed to want to kill the series momentum stone dead. After the hiatus it's just one instalment a week now until the distant joys of episodes 17 and 18, apparently.

Jeremy Corbyn take note, this is how you really take us back to the 1970s.

Oh yeah, the show's brilliant, though.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 01 June, 2017, 07:18:49 PM

No, Showtime seemed to want to kill the series momentum stone dead. After the hiatus it's just one instalment a week now until the distant joys of episodes 17 and 18, apparently.

It was Lynch's choice to go weekly. He's right. This isn't really a show to binge watch in one go.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 01 June, 2017, 08:44:36 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 01 June, 2017, 07:18:49 PM

It was Lynch's choice to go weekly. He's right. This isn't really a show to binge watch in one go.

Its interesting that there are people happy with having to wait between episodes. I know things have changed but telly isn't cinema, its not there to be consumned in on go... is it? Half the fun is surely the anticipation between episodes, cliffhangers, wondering all week what will be happening next. The idea of binge watching seems to have ruled out this (though they still have them in for folk like me who try to ration watching - admittly as much through necessity as anything else) created the cruel phenomenon of cliffhangers between series, now man that is going too far!

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

The point about the Netflix method is it gives people the choice of how/when to watch things. I am now so used to this that it I find it irritating when other broadcasters don't play the same way.

Also, as Twin Peaks 3 is basically one long David Lynch movie split up into chunks I would have though it would be perfect for a binge. Except possibly our brains might explode.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I misread the title as "That GURN You Like is coming back...".

Was a bit disappointed when I didn't see loads of old fashionedy photos of people pulling funny faces.
You may quote me on that.

sheridan

Quote from: Mister Pops on 02 June, 2017, 01:45:22 PM
I misread the title as "That GURN You Like is coming back...".

Was a bit disappointed when I didn't see loads of old fashionedy photos of people pulling funny faces.

Here you go:

Nik Fiend wearing a familiar Tshirt:

Nick's Cave and Fiend...