Main Menu

How would you do "Dredd 2"?

Started by ChickenStu, 15 September, 2014, 10:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 22 September, 2014, 04:27:52 PM
I've yet to see a campaign called Make an Anderson Spin-Off.

My point exactly.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Fragminion

I had the idea after hearing some people complain about Karl not getting any "face time" in the movie that they do a running gag in the back ground where they show some wacked out MC-1 TV in the background and they show some commercials that have Max Normal selling something and Karl could portray both Dredd and Max.

I thought it sounded funny but that may just be me.

Bat King

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 22 September, 2014, 04:42:45 PM
If there's a campaign called "Make* Anderson Strip-Off", count me in**.
* By which I mean "ask nicely", obviously - I don't want to appear sexist. Again.
**Sexist or not, I'm still in.

In the comic you look up teen-Anderson's skirt...

Nuff said.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

The Legendary Shark

And an inspiring view it was and all!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 25 September, 2014, 04:02:22 AM
And an inspiring view it was and all!

Oh no, Sharky's been at the Mayor's pills!

JOE SOAP

8-Ball

Don't shoot me, but I do think that one of the big things that they shouldn't do is screen the whole film at SDCC or any other convention. Do an extended trailer or something specially for the event but not the whole film. Keep those appetites whetted.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

IAMTHESYSTEM

DREDD becomes Judge Death! In an incredibly poor plot line Judge Dredd, looking into report of walking corpses out in the Cursed Earth returns as super Mutant Judge Death! Judge Anderson using her psychic ability discovers Dredd's change was caused by:

A:     Some sort of bio hazard that needs nuking

B:     An experiment by the Mutant Liberation Front to subvert Judges

C:     Judge Dredd was a Justice Department experiment to create the perfect Judge: They thought they'd  succeeded when unfortunately it's another 'negative Bio result, back to the old test tubes.'       
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

QuickQuag

Good grief. I can see how in the hands of someone less wedded to strip continuity but with the strip's history to play with might just be tempted to say "You know what? Dredd clones plus Bad Bob Booth plus mutations? Yeah - let's make Death and his buddies out of clones of Dredd!"

Sure, it's expedient, but it's not somewhere I'd want it to go.

But then, I'm firmly in the 'Anderson should have a spin-off and Death should be the big bad' camp because he's HER nemesis, not Dredd's.
The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: QuickQuag on 27 September, 2014, 09:56:13 PMBut then, I'm firmly in the 'Anderson should have a spin-off and Death should be the big bad' camp because he's HER nemesis, not Dredd's.

There's plenty of Death to go around.  :P

Considering how tough it is to get a Dredd movie going at all, and how strong the interplay of Dredd and Anderson is, I don't see a reason to split them up.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

To purposefully misinterpret the question, I'd do Dredd 2 as a Kickstarter.

Veronica Mars raise $5.7m, a record I'm pretty sure a Dredd follow up would smash.

Also, I'd put the Dark Judges in it. Once does not simply wait for a guaranteed never to happen threequel. It is folly.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: ChickenStu on 15 September, 2014, 10:10:08 AM...Dredd is called to HQ and told that they want him to partner with Anderson again. She's experiencing terrifying hallucinations and nightmares and whenever she has one of these episodes - an unusual amount of electrical energy is detected around her. The visions and dreams she has are of a skeletal face saying "I'm cooooooming.... you are the dooooorwaaay Andersssssson". Control want Dredd to basically protect Anderson. He is told in secret that for a while now, the existence of other dimensions has been suspected and Anderson may be experiencing some kind of interference from them. Dredd protests about doing a "babysitting" job but reluctantly agrees...

I agree with certain criticisms of the proposed ending, but really I have a bigger problem with your beginning. After Anderson spent the whole of the first film proving herself, starting the sequel by busting her back to the vulnerable sidekick / potential liability is nonsensical and entirely the wrong direction to take the character. It means she has to repeat the same arc all over again. A sequel needs to let her move forward from where she left off.