Main Menu

‘Dark Judges’ Online Miniseries

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 October, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

'Dredd' EP Adi Shankar Reveals 'Dark Judges' Miniseries Coming Soon Online

Fans still clamor for a sequel to the 2012 action movie starring Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby

Judge Dredd fans have spent two years clamoring for a sequel to the epic 2012 action movie "Dredd" to no avail. But executive producer Adi Shankar has taken cinematic justice into his own hands, TheWrap has learned.

Shankar has spent the last two years creating a top-secret "Dredd" miniseries centering on the Dark Judges to thank the loyal fans who passionately supported the feature.

Shankar told TheWrap that the project will be released online later this month — and the best part — it will be free.

Also read: How 'Dredd' Producer Adi Shankar's Marvel Bootlegs Are Building a Buzzy Fanboy Brand

Since Shankar's unofficial "Dredd" project was done off-the-grid, it's technically a part of his popular Bootleg Universe, which includes the short "Punisher: Dirty Laundry" starring Thomas Jane and Ron Perlman, as well as "Venom: Truth in Journalism," which starred Ryan Kwanten as Spider-Man villain Eddie Brock.

Shankar first alluded to the "Dredd" miniseries in a Reddit "Ask Me Anything" on March 19, 2013, when he described it as a short film. The project has since become a seven-part miniseries.

Steve Green

JOE SOAP

I'd say so. It shortcuts a lot of difficulties.

IAMTHESYSTEM

At least it's something and something is better than nothing as far as I'm concerned. Wonder who will voice the Dark Judges? Who'll be Anderson or Dredd if they appear?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Goaty

Maybe it's prequel building up to Dredd sequel? But it still sounds awesome!

COMMANDO FORCES

Angry Vince

I think I've just starched me shorts...
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Proudhuff

grumble

Just kidding,  :D should be good if its up to his Punisher quaility
DDT did a job on me

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

TordelBack

Let me be the first to say: helmet's too big.

Hawkmumbler

Ooouuuussshhh! Thats one thing off Adi Shankars bucket list then. Great news.

atp

The crime is life the sentence is death.

Fantastic news, when this is released we need to get on it in huge numbers and overload the web servers so the page goes down.
That should hit the news stations around the world, which would hopefully strengthen the argument in favour for a Dredd sequel.
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

COMMANDO FORCES

From Empire

Though it won't be a direct sequel to the movie, the series should help tamp down withdrawal symptoms for a short while. Little is known about exactly what the seven-part series will involve, beyond the fact that it will feature Judge Death and his terrifying accomplices from a parallel dimension. They hold the quaint belief that all life is a crime and the appropriate punishment is a variety of torments and murder. According to The Wrap, the web miniseries will arrive online later this month for free.

SEVEN PARTS :D