Main Menu

Mega City Zero (IDW)

Started by JOE SOAP, 11 July, 2015, 06:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Ulises FariƱas threw this up on twitter

"@err_freitas and I are writing Judge Dredd with @danmcdaid on the arts and it's awesome. Check out the cover for #1"

Ghost MacRoth

Hope it's better than the previous run.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

COMMANDO FORCES

I've got some sketches by Dan, so I'm looking forward to this.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 11 July, 2015, 07:04:08 PM
Hope it's better than the previous run.

I presume it's a mini-series.

Ghost MacRoth

l, as some of the 4 parters were quite good, that's a plus.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

JOE SOAP

"The Judge Dredd ongoing concluded six months ago, and IDW didn't want to relaunch it without a clear new direction, so former Dredd artist Ulises Farinas will now be writing Judge Dredd: Mega City Zero along with co-writer Erick Freitas with art by Dan McRaid. The book will take Dredd to the as to previously unexplored Mega City Zero, a wild place where there is no law to uphold. Farinas wants to keep the satirical core of the book, and is using internet fandom as the metaphors for the residents of this city in the wild, overgrown jungle of a city."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/11/sdcc-15-panel-blow-blow-idw-announces-dredd-tmntbatman-rom-micronauts/

Colin YNWA

No idea about the writing team, as writers I loved Farinas' work on Mega City 2. Assuming however that that's Dan McDaid not raid that'll be enough to justify a trial. 

ZenArcade

I love that Judges head being overrun by nature....it reminds me of a recent art competition entry. Lol Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dreddzilla

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 July, 2015, 08:09:14 PM

"The Judge Dredd ongoing concluded six months ago, and IDW didn't want to relaunch it without a clear new direction, so former Dredd artist Ulises Farinas will now be writing Judge Dredd: Mega City Zero along with co-writer Erick Freitas with art by Dan McRaid. The book will take Dredd to the as to previously unexplored Mega City Zero, a wild place where there is no law to uphold. Farinas wants to keep the satirical core of the book, and is using internet fandom as the metaphors for the residents of this city in the wild, overgrown jungle of a city."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/11/sdcc-15-panel-blow-blow-idw-announces-dredd-tmntbatman-rom-micronauts/
Just from the cover I thought this would be J Dredd's version of 'Old man Logan' or 'TDKR'.

SuperSurfer

Dan McDaid: "Here's a flavour of how my Dredd will look - gnarly, tough, ready" or as he says on his blog: "Judge Dredd piece for A Secret Thing"

Must confess, I wasn't familiar with his work but I do like what I see on his blog and Twitter feed.

dweezil2

Got a lot of goodwill towards IDW and its Dredd titles, despite the relative failure of the main series, so will definitely pick this up.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JamesC

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 12 July, 2015, 09:27:00 PM
Dan McDaid: "Here's a flavour of how my Dredd will look - gnarly, tough, ready" or as he says on his blog: "Judge Dredd piece for A Secret Thing"

Must confess, I wasn't familiar with his work but I do like what I see on his blog and Twitter feed.

That's a fantastic Dredd pic.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: JamesC on 12 July, 2015, 10:06:38 PM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 12 July, 2015, 09:27:00 PM

That's a fantastic Dredd pic.
Completely agree, I especially like that font for DREDD.

James Stacey

Compared to the terrible main series IDW Dredd attempt, that looks fantastic. (Looks great when not compared too)

Link Prime

Their previous main Dredd series was (IMO) terrible, but IDW have delivered the goods otherwise, and their production values are great.
I'll definetly try this- if it's well written I'll keep buying it.