Main Menu

Free Bovril Brigade comic

Started by rogue69, 23 January, 2016, 04:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

there's a free classic adventure comic being given away at www.bovrilbrigade.com

This is a revamp of the original series from the 50's & 60's Eagle comic, but instead of the stories being about a group of kids on adventures this comic is about adventures like Thomas Inch Britain's first strongman & Captain Webb channel swimmer.

The writers are Pat Mills & Alan Hebden & the artists are Mike Collins, Patrick Goddard, Andrew Chiu & Mike Spender

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks for that, Rogue, really enjoyed it.  I'm in bed trying to get through a filthy cold; and reading that gave me a serious glow of nostalgia (with warm memories of my folks buying me similarly-themed comics when I was sick in bed as a kid).  Nice to see Pat Mills can still get away from sex, violence and blasphemy* when he wants to.  I also never knew the Latin for 'ox' was 'bos'; which is amost identical in Irish ('bó').

All in all, it's done its job, because I now have a bit of a goo on for Bovril, which I haven't drunk for about 30 years.

*Not that I have a problem with sex, violence and blasphemy in comics, you understand.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"