Main Menu

The Zarjaz, Dogbreath & FQP comics thread

Started by Bolt-01, 25 June, 2016, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Aye, very much looking forward to picking up FQ, Zarjaz and Dogbreath tomorrow. Good man, Bolty.

Bolt-01

Hey there, Squaxx!

Over on the FQP Website we've begun a refurbishment of the available archive editions of Dogbreath!

Volume 01 of Dogbreath ran for 14 issues and currently 10 of those are available for download for free. Issue 01 -05 have recently been rebuilt with better resolution so if you downloaded these before, take advantage of the newer editions. Issues 06-10 are to be rebuilt over the next few months.

Issues 11 will be along soon, and 12, 13 & 14 are still available in print.

You norms don't deserve to read 'em, but here we are.

Bolt-01

Following up on this, Dogbreath 11 is now available free and gratis from the Dogbreath Archive.

Featuring work from Henry Flint, Jon Farrelly, John Hutcheson, Ez, Fillip Roncone, Gary Wilkinson and of course Dr Bob herself.

Bolt-01

Hot on the heels of Dogbreath 11 being made available- I am delighted to announce that Dogbreath 12 is now online for the reading pleasure of all you norms.

Visit The Dogbreath Archive.

Bolt-01

Hey there Squaxx!

The good folk over at Comixology have just released FutureQuake 2016-Winter on the electronical comic-reading platform. So all of you out there who haven't taken the option to pick up a printed copy (and shame on you if you didn't) you can now get a digital copy all of your very own!

Click here to visit!

And while you are there why not stock up on digital editions of the other comics available?

Bolt-01

Here we are with a blast from the past!

Something Wicked 01 has been out of print for a long time, but it is now available via comiXology!

This issue features the astounding work of PJ Holden, Mike Carrol, Ade Bamforth, Ed Berridge, Mark Woodland, Cavan Scott, Al Ewing, Richmond Clements, Cullen Bunn, Paul Scott, Arthur Wyatt, Bryan Coyle, Dom Reardon, Ed Traquino, Johnny McMonagle, Vicky Stonebridge, Julia Bax & Keith Burns.

All for a middling £1.49.

COMMANDO FORCES

You get a mention in the latest issue of Comic Heroes, in their 2000 AD feature. I did post a picture showing what they said on facebook.

Bolt-01

Yeah? I'll have to go buy myself a copy. Cheers for the heads-up CF!

Bolt-01

Hot on the heels of Something Wicked 01, this week sees the release of FutureQuake 07 over on comiXology.

Featuring contributions from Matt Timson, Andrew Bartlett, Mark Woodland, Dan Whiston, Kieran Murphy, Lee Robson, Phil Rigby, Al Ewing, Paul Scott, Anthony Rothwell, Chris Askham, Gibson Quarter, Johnny McMonagle, Jose Cano, Lonny Chant, Manoel Magalhaes, Oliver Redding, Tim Twelves and Peter Ankcorn.

This issue has been out of print for many year but is now available for a mere .69p!

Bolt-01

Not quite in time for the 40th, but I'm extremely pleased to bring you all the new ZARJAZ!

Cover by Tiernen Trevallion

Cover artist Tiernen Trevallion delivers the stunning cover to the latest issue of Zarjaz. Fiends of the Eastern Front takes the lead slot this issue, ably supported by Judge Dredd and the ABC Warriors. Join us as we bring you another selection of Tales from Thargs' toy box.

48 pages for the astounding price of £3.00 available now from the FQP Webshop!

Strips:

ABC Warriors- The Ballad of Tubal Cain.
Written by Lee Robson. Art & Letters by James Newell.

Fiends of the Eatern Front- City of the living dead.
Written by Alec Robertson. Art by Steven Denton. Letters by Bolt-01

Judge Dredd- Backup Plan.
Written by David Griffiths. Art & Letters by David Broughton.

Judge Dredd- Ginger Nuts.
Written by Adam Breen. Art by JP Vilchis. Letters by Bolt-01

Judge Dredd- My Brothers Reaper.
Written by Mark Howard. Art by Jim Lavery. Letters by Bolt-01

Remember, it ain't called ZARJAZ for nothing!

Dunk!

Lurvely, my favourite convention read.

Bolt, what's the FutureQuake con list for 2017? So I know where to pick up any issues.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Leigh S

Ordered , along with the last couple that didn't seem to make it into Nostalgia & Comics:  Can I ask has that dried up as a source, or was I too slow?

Bolt-01

Hi Dunk, currently we are going to be at:

The Birmingham Comics Festival- Edgbaston April 29th

The Birmingham Comics Festival- Birmingham University June 24-25.

Thought Bubble 2017 September 23-24

I'm currently open for suggestions as to where else to visit this year. TB moving to Sept has 'messed' up my usual schedule of releases for the year.

Bolt-01

Quote from: Leigh S on 02 March, 2017, 10:04:23 AM
Ordered , along with the last couple that didn't seem to make it into Nostalgia & Comics:  Can I ask has that dried up as a source, or was I too slow?

Leigh- The FP warehouse gets their stock (only 25 copies) and then they go where they are sent- I've no control over how many copes go out.

fingers crossed you've just missed them.

Oh, and thanks for the order- always appreciated.

Leigh S

Hopefully may have just missed them then, as 25 should mean N&C can afford to take a few of those - unless you prefer the direct sale of course!