Main Menu

Comics to be excited for in 2017

Started by Hawkmumbler, 17 August, 2016, 07:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 17 October, 2016, 06:31:24 PM
Holy moly Paul Grist is illustrating a Hellboy winter special!

Well he should bloody stop that and get on with more Mudman thank you very much... so what if he needs to earn money!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 October, 2016, 06:58:57 PM

Well he should bloody stop that and get on with more Mudman thank you very much... so what if he needs to earn money!
But surely Colin ANYTHING from Mr. Grist is food of the gods none the less?!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 17 October, 2016, 07:04:12 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 October, 2016, 06:58:57 PM

But surely Colin ANYTHING from Mr. Grist is food of the gods none the less?!

No I demand what I want from him. Me me I I, Me ME I. What I WANT!!!!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

Colin YNWA

Isn't 'In Siberia' meant to be one of the high points of the series? I mean its all pretty damned astonishing but isn't this regarded as one of, of not the, best?

Dash Decent

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 19 August, 2016, 10:12:30 PM
Quote from: Ancient Otter on 18 August, 2016, 09:20:26 PM

Final volume (?) of Grandville by Bryan Talbot

Grandville: Force Majeure is it's name, & yes, it WILL be the final (& epic) book in this otherwise fantastic series by Bryan Talbot

Now listed for pre-order at Amazon UK: Grandville Force Majeure – 5th October 2017, Hardback, currently listed as 288 pages(!).

Blurb:
The Badger is back!

In the middle of a gang war, wanted for murder, truly alone and outside the law, Detective Inspector LeBrock is on the run from both the police and gangster assassins, the victim of a diabolical scheme to annihilate himself and everyone he holds dear, engineered by mastermind crime lord Tiberius Koenig, one of the most despicable villains in the history of detective fiction.

A fiendishly ingenious story of love, tenacity, treachery and tragedy, this fifth, final and longest stand-alone volume of the Eisner and Hugo Award nominated Grandville series by master storyteller and graphic novel pioneer Bryan Talbot is a veritable roller coaster of a detective thriller, featuring Grandville's trademark high-octane excitement, humour and deduction on a Holmesian scale as we finally meet LeBrock's mentor, Stamford Hawksmoor, and discover LeBrock's untold backstory. Fan favourite characters, Detective Sergeant Roderick Ratzi and LeBrock's vivacious fiancée, Parisian prostitute Billie, are joined by a new badger in town! Enter Tasso, an Italian badger who's bigger, meaner and uglier than LeBrock - but is he a force for good - or evil? A battle royale ensues as LeBrock fights against truly outrageous odds. How can he possibly survive?

Prepare to be royally badgered!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 December, 2016, 06:18:36 AM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 19 August, 2016, 10:12:30 PM
Quote from: Ancient Otter on 18 August, 2016, 09:20:26 PM

Final volume (?) of Grandville by Bryan Talbot

Grandville: Force Majeure is it's name, & yes, it WILL be the final (& epic) book in this otherwise fantastic series by Bryan Talbot

Now listed for pre-order at Amazon UK: Grandville Force Majeure – 5th October 2017, Hardback, currently listed as 288 pages(!).

Blurb:
The Badger is back!

In the middle of a gang war, wanted for murder, truly alone and outside the law, Detective Inspector LeBrock is on the run from both the police and gangster assassins, the victim of a diabolical scheme to annihilate himself and everyone he holds dear, engineered by mastermind crime lord Tiberius Koenig, one of the most despicable villains in the history of detective fiction.

A fiendishly ingenious story of love, tenacity, treachery and tragedy, this fifth, final and longest stand-alone volume of the Eisner and Hugo Award nominated Grandville series by master storyteller and graphic novel pioneer Bryan Talbot is a veritable roller coaster of a detective thriller, featuring Grandville's trademark high-octane excitement, humour and deduction on a Holmesian scale as we finally meet LeBrock's mentor, Stamford Hawksmoor, and discover LeBrock's untold backstory. Fan favourite characters, Detective Sergeant Roderick Ratzi and LeBrock's vivacious fiancée, Parisian prostitute Billie, are joined by a new badger in town! Enter Tasso, an Italian badger who's bigger, meaner and uglier than LeBrock - but is he a force for good - or evil? A battle royale ensues as LeBrock fights against truly outrageous odds. How can he possibly survive?

Prepare to be royally badgered!

Wha....? Gonna order this baby from Wordery!!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

jacob g

Maybe, just maybe after 3, 4 years of waiting... Hip Flask miniseries conclusion!

margaritas ante porcos

Dreddzilla

Finally seeing Neil Gaiman's Miracleman run meet it's conclusion.

Mute77

Ive just caught up on Miracleman is it definately returning in 2017? Really hope so!

Hawkmumbler

So for all the folk who like good westerns, keep an eye on Epicenter Comics who will be releasing various entries in the TEX series.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 08 January, 2017, 04:32:12 PM
So for all the folk who like good westerns, keep an eye on Epicenter Comics who will be releasing various entries in the TEX series.

Ooh. The Victor de la Fuente stuff?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

I bought another edition of the Joe Kubert Tex stuff and while it of course looked fantastic and I'm a massive fan of westerns, the story was pretty flat and uninspiring. Which is a really shame as I'd heard such good things about it.

Mind that said given the defer of westerns out there I will probably give it another go.

With all this great stuff doing the rounds surely it can't be long before we finally get a new set of the western I'm really after Blueberry.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 January, 2017, 04:57:00 PM

Ooh. The Victor de la Fuente stuff?
On the cards, first up thought is a collection of Boselli and Frisenda collaborations.