Main Menu

2000 AD announces Prog 2000 signings in UK, Ireland, US!

Started by Molch-R, 26 August, 2016, 05:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

As it prepares to celebrate its 2,000th issue, 2000 AD is delighted to announce a special Prog 2000 Signing Day!

To mark 2,000 issues of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic there will be signings across the globe with some of the comics' top creators, from Judge Dredd co-creator John Wagner and legendary artists such as Mick McMahon, Colin MacNeil, Boo Cook, and Steve Yeowell to newer creators such as Leah Moore, John Reppion, Leigh Gallagher, and Tom Foster!

There are also international signings in Dublin and Los Angeles to mark this milestone issue, which hits stores on 28th September.

When: Saturday 1st October at 1pm
Where: London, Eastbourne, Shrewsbury, Manchester, Edinburgh, Dublin, and Los Angeles

2000 AD Prog 2000 promises to be a landmark issue for the UK's longest running SF comic, with comic book superstars Brian Bolland, Mick McMahon,  Dave Gibbons, and Kevin O'Neill set to return to its pages for the first time in years for a 48-page celebration bonanza!

The full list of signings:

GOSH COMICS
1 Berwick Street, London W1
Peter Milligan, Rufus Dayglo

FORBIDDEN PLANET
179 Shaftsbury Avenue, London WC2
Clint Langley, Alec Worley, Ben Willsher, Rob Williams, Frazer Irving

SCORCH! COMICS
Unit N, The Enterprise Shopping Centre, Station Roundabout, Eastbourne BN21
Chris Weston, Mike McMahon, Tom Eglington, Boo Cook, Simon Davis

INFINITY & BEYOND, SHREWSBURY
Unit 25 Middle Mall, Charles Darwin Shopping Centre, Shrewsbury SY1
John Wagner, Ian Edginton, Phil Winslade

TRAVELLNG MAN
4 Dale Street, Manchester M1
Steve Yeowell, Andy Diggle, Leah Moore, John Reppion, Leigh Gallagher

WATERSTONES WEST END
128 Princes Street, Edinburgh EH2
Alan Grant, Tom Foster, Gordon Rennie, Emma Beeby, Colin MacNeil

BIG BANG COMICS, DUBLIN
Dundrum Town Centre, Sandyford Rd, Dundrum, Dublin
Michael Carroll, Eoin Coveney

MELTDOWN COMICS, LOS ANGELES
7522 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046, United States
Chris Burnham

Bolland (Batman: The Killing Joke), McMahon (The Last American),  Gibbons (Watchmen), and O'Neill (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) are just some of the incredible talent to return for Prog 2000, which will feature the first sequential comics work by Bolland for 2000 AD since 1987, as well as a brand new series by Peter Milligan (X-Statix, Hellblazer) and a poster featuring specially commissioned artwork.

First hitting the racks in 1977, the cult UK sci-fi anthology title quickly became a globally influential bestseller, launching the careers of some of the industry's most famous talents and proving instrumental in shaping contemporary comics.

Prog 2000 will be available with three variant covers – newsstand customers will be able to choose between covers by Cliff Robinson and Chris Burnham, while a special Glenn Fabry wraparound cover will be exclusively available through comic book stores via Diamond Distribution.

Comic book stores using Diamond will also be able to take advantage of a buy-one-get-one-free offer to double their offering for what will be a highly sought after issue.

The incredible line-up for Prog 2000 includes:
•   A special one-off Judge Dredd story from creators John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra
•   Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill reunite for a special Nemesis the Warlock story
•   Psi-Judge Anderson has another psychic case from Alan Grant and David Roach
•   Sinister Dexter hit the road, courtesy of Dan Abnett and Mark Sexton
•   A mysterious prisoner has a tale to tell in Rogue Trooper: Ghosts of Nu Earth by Gordon Rennie and Richard Elson
•   Brand-new identity-theft thriller Counterfeit Girl by Peter Milligan and Rufus Dayglo debuts.
•   Plus, interlude pages from Brian Bolland, Mick McMahon, Dave Gibbons, Robin Smith, and more.

2000 AD Prog 2000 will be available from UK comic book stores and newsagents on 28 September, as well as from North American comic book stores via Diamond Distribution, and in print and digital from the 2000 AD online shop and apps.

sheridan

That's a good selection - like what I've heard about the prog itself on the Thrill-Cast this week as well - getting the feeling that the interlude pages will be like Thargshead Revisited!

dweezil2

Great news about the signings!
Well done for organising such a zarjaz event!

The Prog sounds fantastic too!   :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

While I should of course be bitching and moaning about the fact that there's nothing in Sheffield that would mean I didn't have to get off my lazy arse and go somewhere I think rather I'll salute this wonderful effort in getting signing around the country and cheer the fact so many outside London can get involved...

Deb... Deb do you fancy visiting your Mum and Dad in Bomere Heath on 1st October...

Woolly

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 26 August, 2016, 06:14:52 PM
While I should of course be bitching and moaning about the fact that there's nothing in Sheffield that would mean I didn't have to get off my lazy arse and go somewhere I think rather I'll salute this wonderful effort in getting signing around the country and cheer the fact so many outside London can get involved...

Deb... Deb do you fancy visiting your Mum and Dad in Bomere Heath on 1st October...

Was about to post something similar, then thought: Where in Sheffield would you hold a signing?

The Sheffield Space Centre is too tiny, Forbidden Planet is a bit [spoiler]shit[/spoiler], Star Store shut down years ago, and Meadowhall can [spoiler]fuck[/spoiler] right off! A pub would be nice, but sadly none of them sell comics.

No, Manchester is fine with me.*

*Not that I can attend, sadly. Can't get the day off work  :(

The Monarch

Theres never one in glasgow theres a huge waterstones perfect for it

Link Prime

Brilliant, I'll be getting my copies signed in my LCS by the Carroll & Coveney Droids.
Good work Molch-R.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Woolly on 26 August, 2016, 06:28:12 PM

Was about to post something similar, then thought: Where in Sheffield would you hold a signing?

The Sheffield Space Centre is too tiny,

They do do signings at the Mighty Space Centre... though I admit never more than one at a time.#

Anyway they can do it round at my house, loads of room and I'm make people a cup of tea and get crisps and dips and all sorts.

Steve Green

Go for the Minty vibe and do it in the car park at Magna.

Molch-R

Quote from: The monarch on 26 August, 2016, 06:57:45 PM
Theres never one in glasgow theres a huge waterstones perfect for it

We did a signing in Glasgow couple of years ago with Rennie, MacNeil and, I think, Beeby - three people turned up. The Edinburgh store is in a good spot and Tom Foster is a former employee! :)

The Monarch

Huh okay edinburgh bound then i shall go

Holy buggery its on my birthday how did i miss that!

inkymonkey

Molch-R

Very pleased to announce that we've added a new venue to the Prog 2000 signing event: Cardiff!

Forbidden Planet International, 5 Duke St, Cardiff CF10 1AY
Featuring the amazing talents of Mike Collins, David Roach, Dylan Teague, and Patrick Goddard!

Tjm86

Tidy.  Nice to see one this side of the Severn.

Glad to see it is this choice of Cardiff Comic shops.  The alternative is a little controversial.

Molch-R