Main Menu

Prog 2007 - The Butchers Hook

Started by Trent, 12 November, 2016, 10:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trent

Prog and Meg both arrived - that is all.

Frank

Quote from: Trent on 12 November, 2016, 10:54:30 AM
Quote from: Trent on 12 November, 2016, 12:36:00 AM
Looking forward to the new 'My prog hasn't turned up again' thread in tomorrow.

Prog and Meg both arrived - that is all.

This would be the 'my prog has turned up thread'? You're going to take pelters for starting a thread without posting a review, buddy.

sheridan

Can I be the first to say that my prog hasn't arrived?  I don't actually get it delivered, as I get it from my FLCS...

ZenArcade

FFS Sheridan!  Trent, review man...da fuk!! Z  :lol:
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Mattofthespurs

Both the meg and the prog arrived.
The meg is especially good with a superb letter in it.  ;)

ZenArcade

Reviewing this prog is proving to be a sisyphean task for the early bird squax, get Eamonn in! Z  ;)

Trent

Yadda yadda yadda.
Prog looks good. Wyatt and Lynch ship over from the Meg for a PSI Div story. Not bad.
Flesh rumbles on veering from looking pretty to murky but forever plodding. I could look at Belardinelli's dinosaurs all week long but these latter tales don't have the magic.
Savage is more Mills.
Hunted continues apace with PJ's art seemingly improving as it goes. Nice old school stuff with enough of modern sophistcation to justify it in 2016.
Counterfeit Girl - will read when complete.
Another stuffed prog with 29 pages of art again. Great value and a decent run in to the Christmas prog promised with stories to wrap up in the next few weeks.

Trent

Oh and an okay Bill Savage cover. Didn't recognise Tom Foster, the image wasn't as crisp and clean as I am used to from him.

ZenArcade

Wee bit off topic, but is there going to be a winter special, or have I missed something? Z

Trout

Quote from: Trent on 12 November, 2016, 11:55:44 AM
Yadda yadda yadda.
Prog looks good. Wyatt and Lynch ship over from the Meg for a PSI Div story. Not bad.
Flesh rumbles on veering from looking pretty to murky but forever plodding. I could look at Belardinelli's dinosaurs all week long but these latter tales don't have the magic.
Savage is more Mills.
Hunted continues apace with PJ's art seemingly improving as it goes. Nice old school stuff with enough of modern sophistcation to justify it in 2016.
Counterfeit Girl - will read when complete.
Another stuffed prog with 29 pages of art again. Great value and a decent run in to the Christmas prog promised with stories to wrap up in the next few weeks.

Thank you. This is what the prog review thread is all about. Well done, sir!

Colin YNWA

Lovin' the cover this week and behind it some glorious Jake Lynch art on Dredd, really liking the way his art is developing. The story itself has real potential and I'm intrigued to see where it goes after some nice set up and steady Dredd characterisation.

Flesh works a little better this week and the dark atmosphere of the post impact world really made to work by Clint Langley's art... or is that the post impact darkness that makes Clint Langley's art really work... whichever something is really working now and I really enjoyed this weeks episode.

Hunted as well gets to the crunch with its packed line-up and in doing so seems to be trimming the fat and this action packed episode works really well too.

Savage makes the forced relationship I felt was pretty telegraphed come to light and to be honest while enjoyable it felt a little contrived, as did the shootout. It wasn't convincing at all. Yet I'm invested enough in the characters, situatiuon and building work being done on Bill to roll with it for now... as long as the transformers crossover doesn't go too far...

Counterfeit Girl, oh Counterfeit Girl, my glorious CounterFeit Girl. While other thrills have their ups and downs, you have your consistent pace, you relentess high octane story, radient and perfect palette and twisty turns and you are truly a regular irregular delight. One of the best new thrill for ag... well okay since Blink, but in the normal run of things it'd be for ages! Supreme stuff.

So yeah with most thrill on the up, a steady Dredd almost holding ground and a polycromatic new love in my life we in a good place this a return to Saturdays deli....

....arh damnit managed to keep on track right up to the end there!

Eamonn Clarke

Edited from the 2000AD tweet-bot's double image with Ryan Brown's Meg cover.. Best I can do.

user2000

IT'S A MIRACLE!

Both Prog and Meg turned up today.

I know Damage Report is supposed to verge on/be a pisstake but one can hope that something actually has been done regarding the super late Progs these past few months...

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: user2000 on 12 November, 2016, 09:28:38 PM
IT'S A MIRACLE!

Both Prog and Meg turned up today.

I know Damage Report is supposed to verge on/be a pisstake but one can hope that something actually has been done regarding the super late Progs these past few months...

No Prog for the THIRD week on the trot for me :(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Trent