Main Menu

Rebellion To Reprint The Last American

Started by JOE SOAP, 16 November, 2016, 12:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Don't normally buy GNs or collections because skint, but got this without a second thought.
Should arrive just after my birthday too. Nice!

Tony Angelino

Might wait and see who is signing the hardback and if the print is signed.

Its a tricky one though as I have the original issues from 1990 and it really isn't one of my favourite stories. I was probably expecting another Cursed Earth type epic though. Really not sure. 

JOE SOAP

It's the same size as The Cursed Earth hardback/paperback so that's a big plus to buy this.

Tony Angelino

Are you sure its the same size? I just assumed they would print it on the smaller US comic size.

SALMON63

I assumed A4 size too but I'd love to be wrong! Ordered a copy of the hardback this morning regardless because I'm a hopeless completist!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 15 February, 2017, 10:02:23 PM
Are you sure its the same size? I just assumed they would print it on the smaller US comic size.

According to a certain Droid it is.

JOE SOAP

I'm assuming this is a scale representation and the A4 print is actually smaller than the book.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Molch-R

Just to clarify, this edition will be the same size as The Cursed Earth Uncensored HARDCOVER edition, so it will be oversized when compared to the original Epic and Com.X printings.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Molch-R on 16 February, 2017, 10:51:47 AM
Just to clarify, this edition will be the same size as The Cursed Earth Uncensored HARDCOVER edition, so it will be oversized when compared to the original Epic and Com.X printings.

I have the Com.X edition, and I also have the Cursed Earth hardcover for comparison, so that's good enough for me! :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Magnetica

I have just ordered the hardback limited edition. I have never read this before and was going to get the soft cover, but some how couldn't resist the art print.

(I have heard some say it is "one of the best comics ever" and someone I was chatting to on Saturday said it "wasn't all that. Guess I will find out for myself soon enough).

jacob g

I don't think this is the best comic ever or even Wagner/Grant best story but it's nice book with amazing art.
margaritas ante porcos

Magnetica

Quote from: jacob g on 16 February, 2017, 01:42:12 PM
I don't think this is the best comic ever or even Wagner/Grant best story but it's nice book with amazing art.

I was going on "it's written by Wagner and Grant, and drawn by McMahon" so of course I'm going to like it.

Bit like ok "I'll buy all of Rok of the Reds blind just because it is by Wagner and Grant."

Timothy

I've taken the plunge and gone for the hardback.

SIP

It isn't one of the greats, but the artwork is worth the price of admission (if you are a mcmahon fan). Was passing on this as have the original and com x versions......but must say I'm tempted now for the upscaled art alone.