Main Menu

Mystery IDW Dredd Project?

Started by Jim_Campbell, 17 November, 2016, 05:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

In March, IDW is launching another five-week Deviations event, and it's kicking off with a Judge Dredd story where the always amazing John McCrea asks what Mega City One would be like if its toughest lawman had never recovered from that time he was briefly a werewolf.

(Via ComicsAlliance...)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Nice.

If IDW did a series of What Ifs - you could say it's been that anyway - then it might spark more interest this side of the Atlantic plunge.

pauljholden

Quote from: Trout on 25 November, 2016, 05:16:26 PM
Quote from: pauljholden on 25 November, 2016, 10:10:58 AM
Quote from: Link Prime on 21 November, 2016, 12:22:04 PM
Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 18 November, 2016, 11:25:57 PM
Quote from: Trout on 18 November, 2016, 11:19:01 PM
He did script and art for strips in Deadline. If memory serves, it was a character called Carla Allison, with nice, kinetic b&w art.

Indeed he did. That would be some of Stevie's favourite art of John's too.

Well- another reason to pick up back issues of Deadline at some stage.

FUN FACTOID! The Carla Allison strip "Stairs" in one issue, a very slight strip with Carla running down some stairs and avoiding slipping on a banana peel, is my first comic book credit as writer.

-PJ

Wait, what? I loved that story. I thought John did it. Huge apologies!

I photocopied that so I could put the entire story in sequence on my wall.

Gah! Sorry I missed these, somehow. Honestly no idea which issue - trout may know!

My contribution was very minor (Oddly I remember it distinctly though' we were at his parents house and he was lost for an idea and I suggested that, really Carla Allison is his chance to show off so he could, literally write a story about anything, plot being unimportant. He had a drawing of Carla and something with strips on it that reminded me of steps and I suggested he could literally have a story where she runs down the stairs - being a chance to show off some crazy angles and wotnot. John added the banana peel to add tension to it...)

-PJ

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: pauljholden on 15 December, 2016, 10:19:21 PM
My contribution was very minor (Oddly I remember it distinctly though' we were at his parents house and he was lost for an idea and I suggested that, really Carla Allison is his chance to show off so he could, literally write a story about anything, plot being unimportant. He had a drawing of Carla and something with strips on it that reminded me of steps and I suggested he could literally have a story where she runs down the stairs - being a chance to show off some crazy angles and wotnot. John added the banana peel to add tension to it...)

So The Marvel Method, huh PJ?

You do realize that puts you on par with Silver Age Stan Lee?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

pauljholden

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 16 December, 2016, 08:14:43 AM
Quote from: pauljholden on 15 December, 2016, 10:19:21 PM

So The Marvel Method, huh PJ?

You do realize that puts you on par with Silver Age Stan Lee?

Well, I DID invent* Carla Allison and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise

-PJ
*Not really

amines2058

Cover posted on FB and elsewehere by Ryan Brown this morning.....very nice!!!

Link Prime

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 December, 2016, 09:52:36 PM

If IDW did a series of What Ifs - you could say it's been that anyway - then it might spark more interest this side of the Atlantic plunge.

Definitely.

I really like both covers, McCrea's version has a distinctly Tony Luke vibe.

dweezil2

Yeah! Like the sound of that!

Nice tribute to Steve Dillon too and Cry Of The Warewolf was always one of my favourites!  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

jacob g

margaritas ante porcos

Link Prime

Between this and the recent tributes to Steve Dillon, I'm about ready for Judge Prager to return (again).

IAMTHESYSTEM

It's a full Moon over Mega City 1 that's for sure. Waiting for more Ryan Brown stuff..with bated breathe!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

James Stacey

That Ryan Brown is a bit good ain't he.

sheridan

Looking forward to this (as I have to just about every IDW 2000AD-IP mini).