Main Menu

Daily Dredd

Started by Vernoona, 07 December, 2016, 03:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Vernoona on 10 February, 2017, 08:45:53 PM
Another week down! What I'm enjoying about this current run between mega-epics is the variation. Even in just a slice of 7 progs, you have absolute craziness (Palais de Boing, The Great Muldoon) and melodrama (Death of a Judge).

My favourite this week was Night of the Great Bloodbeast - a really self-contained great horror story.

www.dailydredd.wordpress.com

Remind me - is Night of the Bloodbeast the one with the Klegg which was left behind?  Precursor to Sensitive...

Vernoona

Quote from: sheridan on 10 February, 2017, 09:08:06 PM
Quote from: Vernoona on 10 February, 2017, 08:45:53 PM
Another week down! What I'm enjoying about this current run between mega-epics is the variation. Even in just a slice of 7 progs, you have absolute craziness (Palais de Boing, The Great Muldoon) and melodrama (Death of a Judge).

My favourite this week was Night of the Great Bloodbeast - a really self-contained great horror story.

Remind me - is Night of the Bloodbeast the one with the Klegg which was left behind?  Precursor to Sensitive...

That's the one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vernoona

Where are the weeks going...?

In the week just gone, the blog has covered The Black Plague 4-parter and then three pretty light "holiday" episodes from back at the end of 1979.

I really, really enjoyed the Black Plague. A great example of a straightforward action-oriented adventure that really rolls along. And it has Henry Ford, the ornery horse.

Not to get too excited, but some big progs coming up in the week ahead...

Vernoona

Some big, big stories this week. It's actually almost impossible to list a favourite, so I'll just say that up on the blog now is Judge Minty (fantastic story), Alien Seeds (I always like Dredd in Space!), Judge Death (do I need to say anything about that?) and the first two parts of the Blood of Satanus (Dinosaurs!).

Greg M.

Some cracking blogging here. I've long had a fondness for Alien Seeds, mostly because I find Ron Smith's depiction of the little hairy bitey fellas very endearing.

Colin YNWA

Sooo we're there I think. Your about to head off on a chase for Judge Child. Really be interesting to see how you get on with this one...

Dandontdare

there have been a few similar blogs that I dropped after a while, but although I'd forget to keep up if you didn't keep, posting the occasional bump, whenever you do I love to catch up - short but interesting. Liked the Judge Death ones - keep it up fella!

Vernoona

Quote from: Greg M. on 25 February, 2017, 08:56:08 AM
Some cracking blogging here. I've long had a fondness for Alien Seeds, mostly because I find Ron Smith's depiction of the little hairy bitey fellas very endearing.

Hi Greg - thanks! Yes, I think the artists on these early strips loved being given crazy critters to tackle!

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 25 February, 2017, 08:55:18 PM
Sooo we're there I think. Your about to head off on a chase for Judge Child. Really be interesting to see how you get on with this one...

So, I'm reading and drafting a little ahead to make sure posts always come out on schedule... and I have some thoughts on the Judge Child! I think the Final Judgement post on this mega-epic is going to be mega as well...

Quote from: Dandontdare on 25 February, 2017, 09:50:24 PM
there have been a few similar blogs that I dropped after a while, but although I'd forget to keep up if you didn't keep, posting the occasional bump, whenever you do I love to catch up - short but interesting. Liked the Judge Death ones - keep it up fella!

Thanks Dan - short but interesting was basically my entire plan with these!

Vernoona

The Judge Child begins! Parts 1-5 now up on the blog.