Main Menu

Vector 13

Started by lwhitehead, 17 February, 2017, 09:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Honestly, there is a shit-load of this stuff on the internet. Rather than worrying where the Vector 13 writers got their material from, just do some of your own research - that'll also have the bonus of being more up-to-date.

Fungus

Hm, are you a writer, really?
Forget about Hellboy and BPRD and Vector 13, come up with something... original?

AlexF

I imagine the Fortean Times provided a fair bit of inspiration
http://subscribe.forteantimes.com/

But a swift Google of 'Conspiracy Theories' should sort you out.
I'd recommend avoiding references to subjects used in Hammer Horror, Amicus movies and Dr Who episodes as Gordon Rennie has that all sewn up what with Caballistics, Inc, Absalom, the Alienist, Dept of Monsterology and Survival Geeks.
But if you like Hellboy and BPRD but want to see a grumpier, more British take, Rennie's output (see list in the previous sentence) is all highly recommended.

Smith

Well,the few cases I read in Meg reprints were interesting.I wouldnt really mind a Vector 13 collection.

Rara Avis

I really enjoyed some of the Vector 13 stories too. The Kennedy one was pretty good, I re read that recently .. trying to think of others here and drawing a blank ...

Richard

There were two about Kennedy. But the best one was Operation Mordred in prog 968.

Rara Avis

I am referring to the one where Kennedy sends someone back in time to kill him because he started WW3.
That ran somewhere in the 1000's. What's that one about Richard?

Richard

That's the one you're thinking of. It just ran a little earlier than you remember.

JayzusB.Christ

I really liked the one where Kennedy's killers are revealed as [spoiler]a certain pair of gunsharks who have travelled through time[/spoiler].  Even without the [spoiler]guest appearance[/spoiler] it was a good story with memorable dialogue: 'We need another Jesus and we need to nail him up. We need it that big.'
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"