Main Menu

Has someone finally melted Judge Dredd's stony heart?

Started by Molch-R, 29 October, 2012, 02:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Smart

Judge Jack, that's disturbing. I haven't seen that story before.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Judge Jack on 25 November, 2012, 09:33:49 PM
Just flicking through a few old progs (prog 600, in this case) and came across this depiction of Dredd.

Well that's my sleep gone.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: NapalmKev on 05 January, 2013, 09:03:18 AM
Peter Doherty.

Umm, I suggested that on the first page and MOLCH-R says it's not about two posts later...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 January, 2013, 09:15:45 AM
Peter Doherty.

Umm, I suggested that on the first page and MOLCH-R says it's not about two posts later...

Cheers

Jim

I flicked briefly through the thread just after waking from a heavy 'Weed' induced coma. The picture does look similar to Prog 1813's Dredd artwork.

Or perhaps I just smoke too much of the good stuff!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Spikes

Id forgotten about this thread.

So, are we any nearer to getting an offical answer as to what that image is all about?

Judo

It's a bit harsh to say posting this was trolling, poor molly... refusing to post an image would be worse surely, and no one can account for the actions of idiots.  Yeah of course it was posted to be controversial and no surprise a lot of people were shocked, molly must admit he expected that, but no it isn't his fault there is so much hate in the world.  It seems to have done its job and got a lot of intrigue and discussion - a crazy amount of comments actually - so he must be doing his job right! 

In terms the story, I quite like a lighter Dredd piece in amongst the doom and gloom so looking forward to seeing how this unusual turn of events comes about.  Also, always happy to see a bit of fan service for the gals wink wink nudge nudge hehe. 

For the guessing the unrecognisable artist game I'll guess Boo Cook as its his kinda palet, I saw him draw some great stuff at Thought Bubble and also I just so so sooo want it to be x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Professor Bear

I am disappointed that this has not borne a slashfic fest, or at least its own art thread.

CrazyFoxMachine

Judo

I never thought I'd approve a DreddXSlaine crossover illustrated by Clint Langley but yeah.  World should feel blessed I'm not an eccentric billionaire x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

iutley

Quote from: NapalmKev on 05 January, 2013, 09:23:11 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 January, 2013, 09:15:45 AM
Peter Doherty.

Cheers

Jim

I flicked briefly through the thread just after waking from a heavy 'Weed' induced coma. The picture does look similar to Prog 1813's Dredd artwork.

Or perhaps I just smoke too much of the good stuff!

Cheers

I thought it looked quite similar to the art in the current Dredd story too. Are we sure that's Dredd we're looking at and not the bent Judge? Remember the 1st page of the story where we all thought the judge going on duty was Dredd and it turned out to be another judge entirely?

Hawkmumbler

COMMANDO FORCES

Here's a link to the upcoming story CLOSET, which is what this thread has been leading to!

Spaceghost

I put it to you that this art is by none other than...

MOLCHER HIMSELF.

It's just crazy enough to be true.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Molch-R

QuoteJoining Williams for "Closet" is artist Mike Dowling, best known for penciling "Rex Royd" in Mark Millar's "CLiNT" anthology.

Hahahahaha! I *told* you none of you had got it :P