Main Menu

Prog 1961 - Welcome to your future!

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 12 December, 2015, 07:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Main cover by Ian Kennedy.

A pleasant trip to FP today to meet with the Southern Contingent and attend the Droids signing, and then a chance to read the Xmas prog on the train home.

Droid life by Cat Sullivan and I would probably buy a Judge Death toast rack.

Dredd: Melt by Rob Williams and Henry Flint. Excellent follow on to the Titan Enceladus storyline.

Absalom by Gordon Rennie and Tiernen Trevallion. I love a bit of old Harry arguing with his dark side while we learn a bit more about the fate of his grandchildren.

Extensive letters page with 10 new entries for the beast.

Kingdom by Dan Abnett and Richard Elson. Beautiful art and a welcome return for big Gene.

Bad Company by Peter Milligan and Rufus Dayglo and Jim McCarthy. Bows out in a blaze of glory.

Text Dredd story by Jonathan Green. Not read this one yet.

The Order by Kek-W and John Burns. More lovely Burns art as we start in a new period of history.

ABC Warriors by Pat Mills and Clint Langley. The Ro-Busters return!

Sinister Dexter by Dan Abnett and Simon Davis. Downlode and the boys are back in town.

A lovely Xmas star scan by Jake Lynch.

Future Shock by Martin Feekins and Jesus Redondo.

And finally Strontium Dog: Repo Men by John and Carlos begins.

Plus the usual fine lettering from the invisible artists Annie Parkhouse, Ellie De Ville & Simon Bowland.

Splendid stuff all round.

Colin YNWA

Been waiting patiently for someone to start the thread as I've only read Bad Company so far. It's a superb ending and while it gives you all you need it's does so delightfully obliquely in the case of one mystery, but gave me two options, each as appealing as the other. I know this hasn't been universally loved but for me it's been an absolute treat  superbly crafted comics, well timed anc defty thought out. I look forward to reading this alongside the other stores someday. A worthy addition to the series.

The rest of the comic looks glorious AND a there's advert for Indigo Prime coming 2016 HAPPY DAYS.

Max Headroom

Why is this not known as Prog 2016? Has the Year prog numbering been abandoned for good?
Just wondering...

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

Quote from: Max Headroom on 12 December, 2015, 08:17:20 PM
Why is this not known as Prog 2016? Has the Year prog numbering been abandoned for good?
Just wondering...

It's all about what will happen in 55 or 56 progs' time...

sheridan

Glad to see an appearance from the FCBD small-print droid, wonder when it's next chance in the limelight will be?  Sci-fi special?

I don't often get the week's prog in my hands this early, as I support my local comic shop rather than subscribe, so makes a nice change to have it to hand the same day the thread starts.  Having said that, Southern Contingent followed by double-birthday drinks means I've only read a few bits and am too tired to read the rest (having the eyes keep closing hampers understanding of words and pictures) so I'll just leave this thread for the day with the following comment on Input: "Certain species have been known to go wild for a mouthful of my Mighty Organ, it's true." *tsk*

Mattofthespurs

ZenArcade

I hate duplication....weird I know, but in different ways these are excellent covers. Z

Tjm86

ZenArcade

:lol: yep, but I like the thought of endorsing the Biz being back in Bizness. Z

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: ZenArcade on 13 December, 2015, 10:24:52 AM
I hate duplication....weird I know, but in different ways these are excellent covers. Z

I'm the opposite and a completionist. I must have them all!!!!  :D

Hawkmumbler

The Biz cover is alright I suppose, but he's lost a lot of his genius since Black Hole.

Kennedy in comparison is a real gem, a solid gold cover that i'll look back on in years time and still think it damn fine.

ZenArcade

Mattofthespurs