Main Menu

Prog 1965 - Zero Tolerance!

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 January, 2016, 02:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Oh how the bleating of the thwarted subber doth soothe my progless brow.

Link Prime

Quote from: Tordelback on 24 January, 2016, 11:54:49 AM
Oh how the bleating of the thwarted subber doth soothe my progless brow.

Why does it feel so good?

JayzusB.Christ

No digi-prog either.  But man, that is a seriously good use of logo-incorporation, which is always welcome in my book.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

Progless in Manchester  :(

Top cover though!

JUDGE BURNS

No prog  ( as usual ) on Saturday here in Burns county.. Ayrshire.   

The Snail Mail service needs a kick up the backside to deliver on time these days.

I've lost count how many weeks I have to wait until Monday or a Tuesday delivery  :-(

mejustnow

No prog in Southampton. I'm expecting it on my doormat when I get home from work tonight, though.

That cover, though.

Cliff Robinson constantly invents striking and visually arresting (pun intended) images of Old Stoney Face in the most common of poses. It really boggles the mind. The man can bother the "cover of the year" top spot with a picture of Dredd's boots. His BOOTS!

It's a true testament to the man's considerable skills that he can still make Dredd look fresh and exciting in the execution (pun intended) of his everyday duties.

Here's to Cliff - the maestro.
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

wedgeski

No prog in Worcester. I would expect to find it on my doorstep tonight (Monday is usually the latest except in very rare circumstances).

Mattofthespurs

Prog finally arrived this morning in Cambridgeshire  :D

Ghost MacRoth

Cover:  Excellent work as always from Cliff.

Droid life: As funny as it always is..... :|

Dredd: So.....not a Justice Dept scheme??  The mystery deepens.  Continues to be visually impressive.  Love the riot judge design....sorta like a mash up of the 2012 uniform and the classic.

Kingdom:
  Again, rattling along nicely...but why the hell would you have an open topped turret on that kind of battle wagon??  Silly that is.

Ro-Busters: Preachy, but entertaining to view.

The Order:  Much like the first series, it seems they are just piling bonkers on bonkers....but that's fine by me, I'm rather enjoying having no real idea what the hell is going on!

Strontium Dog:  Still ambling along, I do hope it notches up a gear next time. 

Back Cover:  Don't normally compliment ads, but that is a cracking depiction of Dredd!

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Proudhuff

Prog-free Saturday in Edinbra too, fingerscrossed  for doormat surprise when I return fi work...
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 January, 2016, 03:35:17 PM
Prog-free Saturday in Edinbra too, fingerscrossed  for doormat surprise when I return fi work...
Whoops! How did you know Buttonman was in town?
We never really die.

Proudhuff

Soooo it was him who left the burning paper bag with dog poo in it?
DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

I love Kingdom, me. It's a rare 2000ad story where I would rather it was an American comic, just so I could read more of it.
Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

A prog on good form.

Dredd is turning into a bit of a beaut, looks astonishing and the story is developing really well. Kingdom just continues to be magnificent.

Ro-Busters seems to be rambling a bit these last few parts and I'm not talking about the typical Millisms in and of themselves, just that it seems to be taking a very very long time to make the points its making regardless of whether those points have been made before. The Order on the other hand seems to be flying along. I've been able to follow it fine up to now but this part I was kinda 'What, hold on, what's that...' not that I mind cos if it means I have to do a re-read to get it all in I'm more than happy as its quite superb.

Strontium Dog on the other hand is doing that wonderful trick of making it seem like its rolling along at quite a leisurely pace, yet when you think back about whats actually happened to date its actually rattling along quite nicely. Suspect this one would also be served well by a re-read, but again by heck its great anyways.

So yeah another cracking Prog with only Ro-Busters beginning to suffer... well except for Droid Life, am I being daft cos I didn't really get it?

IndigoPrime

Sock on the door = keep out because of 'shenanigans'.