Main Menu

Prog 1976 - Hit and Myth

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 April, 2016, 11:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I don't think you need to know more than 'this is what happened to Judge Death's world when he took charge of their Justice Dept', except perhaps that he and his cronies were transformed into their undying state by the Sisters, Phobia and Nausea, about whom we still know very little more than we did way back in Necropolis.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tordelback on 16 April, 2016, 04:47:09 PM
I don't think you need to know more than 'this is what happened to Judge Death's world when he took charge of their Justice Dept', except perhaps that he and his cronies were transformed into their undying state by the Sisters, Phobia and Nausea, about whom we still know very little more than we did way back in Necropolis.

That transformation never sat well with me.  My favourite Dark Judge scene ever was when the cadets were being stalked by Mortis through piles of corpses in Necropolis; it really brought home just how horrifying they could be.  A year later we get scenes like the DJ generals standing round witches saying things like 'Gee willickers, ladies! That's neat! Reckon you can do something like that for us ?'  (I'm paraphrasing, of course.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Sounds like a direct quote to me. 

If I have to choose between a 'magical' transformation courtesy of random witches, versus the more pseudo-scientific (but still bollocks) version in Tainted, with alien presences lurking between worlds possessing human hosts and then suborning the pre-disposed and corrupting all around them with psychic malaise and GM dead fluidssss, I'll go with Nigel and Dave over John and Alan. I'm not usually one for midichlorians and viral zombie outbreaks, if you get my meaning, but here it works.

I think that despite the fantastic and largely inexplicable features of the DJs powers, they sit better in the 'alien super-fiend' mould than just 'a wizard did it', and I think Kek-W and Kendall's infected modern world works better than Wagner and Grant's quasi-medieval one. In fact, the transdimensional reach of the Sisters is already established in both Necropolis and Dark Justice, so why couldn't they have contaminated Deadworld in the same way?

ZenArcade

It is the grotesque, purifying sense of accelerated entrophic necrosis which saturates Tainted that I admire.  I had always envisaged the deswth of the Dark Judges world to be something like this.  No humour here just a nightmarish journey to at best death; at worst an unlife as a creature constrained to act  contrary to all that the original person held dear. It is the negation of freewill the thing which makes us what we are, which permeates this story Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

M.I.K.

The Cerberus/Cerebus thing happened again.

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

TordelBack