Main Menu

Brett Ewins 1955-2015

Started by Molch-R, 17 February, 2015, 01:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

We are very saddened to hear of the death of artist Brett Ewins.

Throughout his years of working for 2000 AD, Brett was responsible for some truly unmissable art - from Judge Dredd and Anderson Psi Division to Rogue Trooper and his incredible work on Bad Company with Peter Milligan and Jim McCarthy.

He was also a hugely influential figure in British comics thanks to his founding of Deadline with Steve Dillon in 1988, something that changed the face of the industry forever.

Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with Brett's family and friends.

At the request of his relatives, anyone who would like to pass on their condolences can send them to this address: For the attention of R. Ewins c/o 45 Mandela Close, London NW10 8BQ

TordelBack

Oh no, that's awful news. Brett's art was truly magnificent, a huge part of what made me love 2000AD in my early years, and his difficulties in recent years have been terrible to learn about. My sincere sympathies to his family, friends and colleagues. I will certainly make use of the address supplied.

Hawkmumbler

I just saw a series of posts dedicated to the man on tumblr. After the fourth I though "Someings going on here". Mr. Ewing confirmed my fear. Brett Ewins is no longer with us. My heart is actualy heavy with this news as Mr. Ewins has always been in my very top ten of artists to have drawn for Tharg with his run on Bad Company representing everything I love about british comics.

RIP

judgerussell

I am utterly gobsmacked. This is terrible news. Please pass on my condolences to his family.

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

locustsofdeath!

Bad Company is my favorite 2000AD thrill ever, largely in part to the art. I never met Brett like many of us on the forum have, but I still feel pretty stunned by this. R.I.P.

Dandontdare

Very sad news, 59 is no age at all. RIP and thanks for the thrills.

ZenArcade

Already posted in RIP's but again RIP Brett. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dode C

Deeply saddened to hear of the death of Brett Ewins. Quite simply a legend of British comics and one of the giants of 2000ad. Rest in Peace Brett.

DrRocka

A true legend, a true hero. Rest in peace, Brett.
Never ever bloody anything ever

Colin YNWA

Very said news indeed. He was a major talent for 2000ad and many other comic book companies beyond as well.

My thoughts with his loved ones.

Spaceghost

Brett was my favourite 2000 AD artist when I was growing up, and remains one of my favourite comic artists of all time. I can sit for hours studying all the details in his wonderful work.

He will be sadly missed.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

COMMANDO FORCES

Sad news indeed and such a distinctive style from my younger days reading the prog!

Greg M.

Absolutely awful news - a true 2000AD legend and my favourite artist ever.

J.Smith

I didn't grow up reading 2000AD as it came out back in the day but I found it terribly sad news all the same. Some of his work is just stuck there in my head, completely unforgettable.

My dad was more surprised and saddened. It's been a long time since he read the comic, so when I said Brett Ewins had died, he initially scratched his head. When I then more specifically told him that the great, great artist of Bad Company, one of his favourite series' of 2000AD, had passed away, he looked absolutely devastated, and understandably so. A truly iconic artist and 2000AD legend.