Main Menu

Wanted: 2000ad convention sketchbooks

Started by Kurtzberg2517, 09 March, 2016, 06:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurtzberg2517

I'm looking for Official 2000ad convention sketchbooks, either the original or the 35th anniversary version. It doesn't really matter which version.
I looked on the 2000ad Shop to buy one but they've disappeared from the site. I got in touch with customer services and it seems that they sold out in the recent flash sale and are not likely to be reprinted. I can't buy them anywhere else, they have no barcodes or ISBNs. I've looked in all the places that they could be available from Forbidden Planet to eBay to AbeBooks. I need one soon for the Birmingham convention in April and another for the Leeds convention in November.
Next February is the 40th anniversary of 2000ad so it's possible that they will make new sketchbooks for that. I need two to tide me over until then and ideally more than that just in case it doesn't happen.
The 2000ad brand isn't actually what's important. The reason I want it is the format. A hardcover A5 sketchbook with 48 blank pages (or 24 sheets, in stationery terms). I use one book for each individual convention. They're perfect for conventions but I haven't been able to find any books like them anywhere else. I've looked everywhere online and in shops and I can't find an equivalent replacement. Most sketchbooks in stationery stores are much longer. Either I waste half the book or use the same book for both conventions, which I'd prefer not to do.
I've known this was coming for a long time but the timing is really bad and I still haven't found any other options.
If you have a 2000ad sketchbook that you haven't used, in either design, I would be very interested in buying it.

Proudhuff

Have you tried Forbidden Planet? I once saw some of these on their 2000ad shelf, but it was a while back.
DDT did a job on me

Kurtzberg2517

I've tried their website. I don't live in a town with a Forbidden Planet. I'd have to take a train to another town, after calling the shop to see if they're available. My nearest Forbidden Planet would be Birmingham, which could have them but it's unlikely. The timing is a factor. The original books were released the better part of a decade ago, the 35th Anniversary editions are probably easier but I'm really struggling to find either.
I might make some calls to Forbidden Planet stores but I'd much prefer to do this online and have them delivered.

Spikes

Quote from: Kurtzberg2517 on 09 March, 2016, 06:03:43 PM
....the 2000ad Shop to buy one but they've disappeared from the site. I got in touch with customer services and it seems that they sold out in the recent flash sale and are not likely to be reprinted.

I was going to snag one of these as well, and then promptly forgot, and when I did remember they'd all gone...

Good luck with tracking one down!

Spikes