Main Menu

Charity raffle: Cursed Earth Uncensored, McMahon & Bolland prints, all signed

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 17 July, 2016, 07:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Well it was as hot as the Cursed Earth itself yesterday. Queuing in the heat outside Gosh comics London may have affected my thinking but here is something a bit different to the usual auctions.

I have a copy of the Cursed Earth Uncensored hardback with the bookplate number 144/250 presigned by John Wagner and Jack (Chris Lowder) Adrian, and then signed yesterday by Brian Bolland and Mick McMahon.
Also the limited edition print by Mick which he signed at the top right corner yesterday. And if that wasn't enough there is also the limited edition Gosh comics 35x30cm print of the cover of Prog 225 presigned by Brian before yesterday's event.

How can you win these goodies? Just head over to my Justgiving page at
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/megacitybookclub

Donate a £1 and leave a comment saying Cursed Earth and giving your forum name. Justgiving send the money straight to Cancer Research UK.

£1 = one entry, £5 = five entries and so on if you're feeling more generous. There will be one winner who gets all three items. This will run for two weeks until midnight on Sunday 31st July. My wife will pick the winner from a hat and the lucky person will be announced here on Monday 1st August.

P&P is free. The McMahon print is rolled up and back in the cardboard tube it arrived in. The Bolland print is currently in the bag and board it came in from Gosh. I can mail it in an A3 envelope with extra card to protect it, or for more secure delivery it can be rolled in a poster tube. I'll discuss secure delivery with the lucky winner.

Full disclosure: due to me being a clumsy get in the midday sun the McMahon print did get some light creases, see the pictures below and sorry about that.

Really important. Please identify yourself somehow in your donation and put that it is for the Cursed Earth. If you really want want to be anonymous on Justgiving then pm me first so that I can give you a secret word or something like that to include with your comment.

I think that's everything. Hopefully I've been doing this long enough that people will know I'm trustworthy and that the draw will be legit and that I will get the goods to you. Any questions please ask?

And this is completely for charity, none of the money comes anywhere near me. It goes straight to Cancer Research UK. I don't think this raffle violates any forum or Justgiving rules.

All set, here comes the pictures

Eamonn Clarke

And if anyone is after the more traditional eBay charity auctions I did get some progs signed by Mick and Brian as well and they will be up on ebay as the usual 100% to Cancer Research UK auctions in the next day or too.

I did think of emulating Burdis by getting some of the banned foodstuffs signed but I got rather peckish on Friday and ate them without thinking.

Here's a couple of pics to whet your appetites as well.

While I was taking this photo John was busy explaining how many boxes he would be getting him to sign at LSCC 2017 and Brian may have nodded off for a moment.

COMMANDO FORCES

Don't forget folks Eamonn does all the hard work, so you don't have to! Get in there and grab something for yourself, or a loved one. Believe me, it wasn't fun standing in the sun but he did it for you :thumbsup:

Buttonman

Good man Eamonn - cheeky tenner from me  - kudos on the continued good work.

Timothy

Donated, although I note that I had to tick a box confirming there wasn't a raffle in order to be eligible for gift aid. I'll keep it quiet if you do.

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 18 July, 2016, 12:03:30 PM
Donated, although I note that I had to tick a box confirming there wasn't a raffle in order to be eligible for gift aid. I'll keep it quiet if you do.

Thanks for all donations so far. Didn't know about the raffle tick box.
Please ignore what I said about gift aid for any future donations.
cheers
eamonn

IndigoPrime

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 18 July, 2016, 01:08:24 PM
If a passing mod could take out the line about gift aid in the original post I'd be grateful.
Done.

Spikes

Brilliant stuff as always Eamonn. I'll donate some funds shortly.

Tjm86

Steve Green

Is this only for forum bods?

Just wondering if I can share it on the Stront/Minty page?

Cheers

Steve