Main Menu

Valuation Help

Started by Harvey-alex, 22 August, 2016, 08:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey-alex

Hello I recently posted that I had some 2000ad comics for sale.
These were in my mums house and I had to clear the house but sadly there is no room in my house for them

I had a few replies to my original message asking for more details so I have Sorted through the comics.

I would like some advise on selling them, I put a few random ones on eBay and they sold well but it would be good to try to keep them together in collections.

Myself and my brother both collected so  have almost 2 of everything!

I have 2000ad comics 1-1371 but missing 1289, 1290, 1291 and 1349
The condition is v good from about 300 on with most of the free gifts included, before that a mix of v good, good and not so good. The early ones are not too bad, but definitely not great condition.

I also have a second run 1-1167 with 22 missing comics for some reason mostly in the 700s, condition is good from 300 onwards and a real mix earlier.  Fewer free gifts but some.

I also have 2000ad monthly 1-94

Judge Dredd megazines
Volume 1 1-20 great condition.
Volume 1 1-20 (missing 18) good condition.

Volume 2 1-83 (missing 43)
Volume 2 set missing 14 comics.

Volume 3 1-59

Complete Judge Dredd 1-14,16,17,21,22,32

Crisis 1-63 (missing 56)
Crisis 1-53

Also Judge Dredd American style Eagle comics 1-30 first 3 signed

Also Annuals 1978- 1990 and judge Dredd annuals.

Also all the sci-if specials and one offs.

So I would like any help and ideas on the best way to sell these and advice on prices if possible.

It would be much appreciated. I have a lot of boxes to get rid of.

Derek

The Enigmatic Dr X

No doubt someone will come along and correct me, but I am pretty sure that prog 1280 is one of the most valuable. That may strike you as odd, but if I am remembering the number correctly then a large chunk of that issue was damaged in a flood at the printers and so there were physically fewer of them in existence than other issues.

Certainly, that is true of a prog around that number.

EDIT: No idea what it is worth, but look out for chancers who offer a quick bid "to complete my collection"
Lock up your spoons!

Trout

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 22 August, 2016, 11:07:30 PM
No doubt someone will come along and correct me, but I am pretty sure that prog 1280 is one of the most valuable. That may strike you as odd, but if I am remembering the number correctly then a large chunk of that issue was damaged in a flood at the printers and so there were physically fewer of them in existence than other issues

That's 1208, and it's not massively valuable. I remember selling a spare for 20-something pounds.

I wish my name was Derek.

- Trout

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Trout on 23 August, 2016, 05:05:53 AM

- Trout

I imagine, if it was, you would quickly get bored of people thinking you were a 70 year old living in Kent. Or workers in a London comedy club openly laughing at it when you collected tickets. Or being asked if your wife is Mavis.

Fun fact 1: the name Derek (or Derrick) fell out of popularity in the 19th century in a way similar to how the name Damien hasn't been really used since the 70s. There was a notorious executioner called Derek who took it upon himself to dispense instant justice, going into prisons and hanging people at random. It is for that reason that oil derricks are so called, because they look a bit like gallows.

Fun fact 2: the German translation of Derek is "Ruler of Men". So bow down to the Will of Derek.

Fun fact 3: if you were a married Derek, and pointed out that your name meant "Ruler of Men" to your wife, she would shrug and say "yeah, but not of women."

Lock up your spoons!

Eamonn Clarke

some price guide help here (scroll down) from 2009
I don't think the prices have increased a lot since then
http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=27071.0

Trout

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 23 August, 2016, 07:58:30 AM
Quote from: Trout on 23 August, 2016, 05:05:53 AM

- Trout

I imagine, if it was, you would quickly get bored of people thinking you were a 70 year old living in Kent. Or workers in a London comedy club openly laughing at it when you collected tickets. Or being asked if your wife is Mavis.

Fun fact 1: the name Derek (or Derrick) fell out of popularity in the 19th century in a way similar to how the name Damien hasn't been really used since the 70s. There was a notorious executioner called Derek who took it upon himself to dispense instant justice, going into prisons and hanging people at random. It is for that reason that oil derricks are so called, because they look a bit like gallows.

Fun fact 2: the German translation of Derek is "Ruler of Men". So bow down to the Will of Derek.

Fun fact 3: if you were a married Derek, and pointed out that your name meant "Ruler of Men" to your wife, she would shrug and say "yeah, but not of women."

This entire post is great, and made possible by the fact your name is Derek.

I rest my case.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 23 August, 2016, 07:58:30 AM

Magnificent post. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: